Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Am i a coward?

Both players were a bit loose with their calls (with the flush,straight or just the bare J they are likely to call).
I decided to take the free card on the flop because:

- I don't think there is a big change both opponents will fold.
- A continuation bet basically commits me to the pot, unless i make a bet of like 200, which is even more likely they will call.

But then the turn...they check again. Am i a coward here?

And another question, i rarely limp with AQ, but would this be a good spot to do it?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter

SB (t1235)
BB (t1610)
UTG (t1095)
UTG+1 (t1885)
MP1 (t1205)
MP2 (t1070)
CO (t975)
Hero (t925)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t125</font>, SB calls t110, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls t95.

Flop: (t405) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t405) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Am i a coward?

I think that is fine. I might take a stab on the turn with a small bet after they both check a second time. I don't think taking a free card is that harmful on the turn.

I think this is a flop you definitely can't bet. I think you don't have any steal equity, and you would hate to get pushed on. If they both have a small pair, then they would hate this board and likely won't take a stab on the turn and you can choose to pick it up then.