Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 02:41 AM

Default My friend\'s play of KK, EP

My friend and I have argued about this hand a couple of times so I decided to throw it up here to see what you guys think.

$5/$10 Limit live game, 11-handed. Game is decently loose.
MP1 is a loose, somewhat aggressive player who will bet some questionable hands if checked to (bottom pair, flush draw)
Hero is dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG.

Preflop:
Hero raises. 2 middle position players, the cutoff and the button calls. Big blind completes and we are off to the flop 6-handed.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
[Pot: 12 small bets] 6 players
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, cutoff calls, button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
[Pot: 9 big bets] 6 players
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, cutoff folds, button calls, BB calls, Hero folds.

I argued for betting out the flop, and continuing on the turn getting 13-1 odds. The Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] isn't really an out but the other 3 are, as well as the 2 kings for kings full.

Also what flop play is best? Checking and calling, Check-raising or just betting out? Results on the river tommorrow.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: My friend\'s play of KK, EP

I defenetely bet this flop for 3 main reasons:

1. there is a great chance you are still ahead
2. you showed aggression preflop and people tend to fold when someone continues their aggression
3. if MP1 is aggressive like you say, you aren't going to be able to c/r because he's going to bet (like he did).

Also, the turn call is pretty much simple mathematics, and you have to call. At worst you have 5 outs, which is plenty getting 13-1. You can make this call getting as low as 7-1 odds in this situation.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:15 AM

I actually would cosider a checkraise on the flop if you thought MP would bet it (like he did), this way you might limit the field (A hand like AXs)...

you atleast have to bet out though.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:22 AM

MP1 is on your right. c/r wont work.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:28 AM

ah...my bad, your right.