Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Not a tough hand, but just felt confused...

Looking back on the hand, i think i played it ok, but i just felt lost, any comments on any streets

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB call (All-in)
River: (10.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
Old 05-27-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Not a tough hand, but just felt confused...

The raise preflop with AT off after two limpers is read dependant for me. Are the limpers loose? Are the persons to your left tight?

The turn is difficult. All possible kind of threats and redraws there but I think I would have raised.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:25 AM

As has been pointed out, I also would have just called preflop unless the limpers were really loose.

On the flop I'd have been deciding between folding and calling, which you did. So many problems, with a boat already possible and the flush lurking as well. You could easily make your straight and already be dead. I'd probably have called but not felt too good about it. I think a fold would be reasonable too.

Turn-you made your straight but with four players in, someone probably has the flush and KQ might be out there. I think you are very likely toast. If no one has the boat, the flushes are likely being passive worrying about it. This is why folding the flop might have been better. I would have just checked through the river and been very thankful if I won.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:36 AM

raise the turn...every time
Old 05-27-2005, 10:42 AM

i'd fold the flop. sure there were 11.5 bets in but there's a pair on board and a flush draw. that said, you can't hit your out on the turn, even if it's the diamond and not raise it.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:45 AM

I think your options are limited to raising and folding. I think I prefer folding but if you want to continue with this hand, I think you can raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet assuming these people arent total nuts.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:05 AM

I really think you need to raise this turn. I know it is scary, but you knew that the Kd was one of your outs when you called the flop. And until otherwise, there is no reason to think you dont have the best hand. I dont know if you had reads on any players, but if someone 3bet it would help to know what kind of player they are. If a tight-passive 3bet, I'd probably let it go. If a lag did so, I'd call it down. I hate folding to a 3bet at all though because I think there are a few hands that we beat that may 3bet, like Ad Qsc, Qsc 10d. Ad Kx may even 3bet here depending on the player. These hands obviously have plenty of outs against us, but we are ahead at the time.

I suppose an alternate line would be to raise a safe river, but if MP3 was on some sort of draw that didnt hit he wont bet the river. That seems like that might have been the case since he did indeed check.

I think the best line is to raise the turn though.