Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 03:54 AM

Default Re: I actually like Sklansky!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw his shirt walked up to him and said "Aren't you Skalansky?"

[/ QUOTE ]

And did he respond, "Yes I am. Do you see why?"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

I'm thinking he replied, "Yes, but I'll let others elaborate."
Old 05-22-2005, 04:13 AM

"Yes, and it's not even close. Do you see why? I'll let others elaborate."
Old 05-22-2005, 05:02 AM

I think u guys shouldnt play for ONLY money. I think you should play for the thing that each other most fear in life. Sorta like jumping out of the airplane etc... Or maybe whoever looses the other gets a percentage of him in his tournaments for the next year without paying (or cash games). I mean make it interesting.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:40 PM

Look mr "Daniel Negreanu", why don't you have a. your email address, b. your NAME, c. Your HOMEPAGE, on your profile? If your making an account with the name "Daniel Negreanu", do it good. You aren't that shy on other forums... Oh and b.t.w., how is Stacked developing lately?
Old 05-22-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look mr "Daniel Negreanu", why don't you have a. your email address, b. your NAME, c. Your HOMEPAGE, on your profile? If your making an account with the name "Daniel Negreanu", do it good. You aren't that shy on other forums... Oh and b.t.w., how is Stacked developing lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're a tool. Get a clue. And stop posting. Please.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought Gary Carson and Steve Badger were RGP posters. You sure you're in the right place? What exactly does me calling Daniel's comments to Mason classless have to do with those people posting or not posting on the forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that if you look through the old, old archives, the ones in digest form, that Carson, Weideman and Badger all used to post here at some point. Badger is the only one I haven't seen an actual post by yet. So no, he's not full of crap.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Negreanu wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
As for Mason, well I have no positive vibes about him and never have. He has the warmth of a snow pea and I don't ever see us "getting along" as we have absolutely nothing in common. He's a strange dude and it's a little creepy being around him if you want to know the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs to be clarified. Negreanu implies that he knows me fairly well. ...
Best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he didn't
Old 05-23-2005, 12:29 PM

Seems to me that the snow pea simile is a good one [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw his shirt walked up to him and said "Aren't you Skalansky?"

[/ QUOTE ]

And did he respond, "Yes I am. Do you see why?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no intellectual or relevant contribution to this thread, except to say, this post made me laugh, alot.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
may i cut in for a second?

As for Mason, well I have no positive vibes about him and never have. He has the warmth of a snow pea and I don't ever see us "getting along" as we have absolutely nothing in common. He's a strange dude and it's a little creepy being around him if you want to know the truth.

wtf??

seriously daniel, what a shame.

you don't know me from squalt DN, but i have always said you are a pioneer and also some of our future. you are a mere young man compared to me so stfu and listen, ok?

i have had nothing but respect for you and have watched you grow. i followed your progress since you were 23 and rooted for you like you were my horse last year when you brought home the POY. you have come a long way and it is time you stop with this disrespect crap.

the respect i had for you was based on your 'tell it like it is' mentality that i too am famous for here like you were at rgp.

but now i see a bit of a punk. this comment you made above could not be further from the truth and is said ONLY to troll. i thought you were done with that side? i thought you learned? no?

for a guy who is famous for your reads, this one is dead wrong. just because you do not understand his sense of humor does not mean it is not there. he's actually a fuckking riot but sometimes it goes over smaller heads and is missed. i suspect you just don't get it, but this is not important.

he knows more about running a business than 99.9% of the poker people and pros that are defining and shaping this boom. creepy you say? it is called character and intensity.

i can personally attest for his tolerance in humor and can tell you that he is a stand up guy that does not deserve a tenth of the crap he gets, and would never, EVER revert to degrading into public remarks about urine soaked chairs and stinky feet so remember that he will always have you covered in 'class' chips.

here's the most important part daniel..
i think you are the nuts, but i also think mason is the nuts. i'm thrilled to see you here, but don't take cheap shots. that's where the line is drawn, and that is what we all have come to expect out of you because we KNOW you learned from your mistakes.

welcome to 2+2, sorry to derail your thread, but get back to being someone i admire, not a punk.

carry on

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Im wrong here, but note that I am not talking to the issue of how nice MM is or is not.

Daniel has earned the right to honestly express his feelings about anyone he wants. He does not have to be polite if he chooses not to. He does not work for the "man", he does not work for a large corporation. He works for himself, and with that comes the right to be honest about your feelings. One of the things that pissed me off the most when I was working for the "man" was all the fake insincere BS. When you are not at work (ie. when you are in the real world) you have the right to not like some people, and to have your own opinions, and to be friends with whomever you choose. DN did not call him a liar/theif/criminal, he just said he cant see them being friends, and in DN's eyes MM is a little creepy...... creepier than kissing your mother on the lips? I dont know.....but everyone is entitled to their own opinions