Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Can money be made just playing sit and go\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
Can money be made just playing sit and go's?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. If it was possible, there would be a forum dedicated to Single Table Tournaments (STT's), and people would post in there about ways to make money playing just Sit and Go's, just those.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:46 PM

For me it has been easier.

I never got a really high winrate playing limit. I was winning but always in the 1-2bb/hr/100 range over any 100,000 hand period. SNGs I have won at nice roi rates over many thousands of tournies. I have been disappointed with my limit results but happy with my SnG results. I am not 100% why the difference is there but I just feel more comfortable and attentive in the tournies.

TOurnies are all about adjustments. Your strategy is forced to change dramatically in a SnG over just a few minutes. If you can make those adjustments playing SnGs can be fun and profitable.

Lots of good advice in the STT forum. Lots of bad advice too. Just like all these. Haha. Good luck.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:17 PM

you can make good money playing sit and gos but it depends on what you're looking for. they definitely won't get you a lot of money quick or give you enough money to live off
Old 06-05-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they definitely won't get you a lot of money quick or give you enough money to live off

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahaha
Old 06-05-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they definitely won't get you a lot of money quick or give you enough money to live off

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad I am not the only one who laughed when I read that. At least I waited until I had SOME idea of what I was talking about before I started posting.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can make good money playing sit and gos but it depends on what you're looking for. they definitely won't get you a lot of money quick or give you enough money to live off

[/ QUOTE ]

Jump on over to the 1TT forum and tell that to the guys playing SNGs for a living. They'll want to know this, I'll bet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does playing sit and go's compair to limit or no limit as far as making money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same as Hi/Lo Stud compares to limit Omaha... it depends on the player. They're completely different animals. Some have the talent for SNG's, some don't. Some will find a lot of profit in there, some won't. Anyone who says "It can't be done." really means "I can't do it and can't even imagine how someone else can."

Whether you can make a living at it or not, or if it's more profitable for you than other settings, can only be determined if you get in there and find out for yourself.