Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Interesting observed 25-50 nl UB hand

im not exactly sure how this hand was played out either, but this is what I think happened:

I raise in the CO to make it $125 to go, Mahatma calls in the BB, flop: T 6 2r check check turn: 2 check I bet 300$ he calls, river Q he checks I bet pot ($900~) he shoves his stack in, I call
Old 05-26-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Interesting observed 25-50 nl UB hand

[ QUOTE ]
im not exactly sure how this hand was played out either, but this is what I think happened:

I raise in the CO to make it $125 to go, Mahatma calls in the BB, flop: T 6 2r check check turn: 2 check I bet 300$ he calls, river Q he checks I bet pot ($900~) he shoves his stack in, I call

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems not that unusual for a HU or SH game. Mahatma slowplayed and thought he was way ahead on the flop and wanted his opponent to catch up a little. He probably thought this opponent was not aggressive enough to play back at him hard w/ nothing. The turn didn't change anything. On the river, he figures his opponent either has nothing and will fold after bluffing or his opponent has something like AQ/KQ and he will get a fair amount of calls - or get called by even worse hands if his opponent puts him on a bluff. If his opponent had 66, TT, QQ, or opened w/ a deuce, oh well.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Results

I think soah has it right. With the duece being paired on the board, AA is a pretty strong hand against someone who open raised.