Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Another going pro thread (lots of dirty laundry aired)

[ QUOTE ]

'Leaching' is actually spelled 'Leeching'. Just thought you'd like the know that just so you don't get too full of yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually "leaching" is perfectly acceptable. The etymologies of "leaching" and "leeching" are entirely different, but their meanings end up quite close to the same place, and either works in this context.

I'll stop being a vocabulary nit now.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:14 PM

lol i just read this post. this made me laugh. i needed that.

thank you.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:22 PM

I think this is going to be tough, b/c you are depending on poker winnings, sound like you're not over-rolled, which I think is important for the pro player, and you seem to have doubts and feel like you're "not ready." I think all these thinigs will make the inevitable downswings difficult to stomach.

I wish you the best.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:26 PM

Yes, divorces suck, so does getting laid off, even better in the same year. What else could you do except turn pro?(joke)
Take care, keep us posted.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is going to be tough, b/c you are depending on poker winnings, sound like you're not over-rolled, which I think is important for the pro player, and you seem to have doubts and feel like you're "not ready." I think all these thinigs will make the inevitable downswings difficult to stomach.

I wish you the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. When you need it and it gets sucked on runner-runner, it hurts. Bad spot to put yourself in for sure. Anyone that is in the game, develops they're own way of taking beats, but learning to take a downswing, learn from it, and progressing, can be daunting when a significant portion of your roll is on the table. But then again, it sounds like you know what you are up against.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I wish you the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. When you need it and it gets sucked on runner-runner, it hurts. Bad spot to put yourself in for sure. Anyone that is in the game, develops they're own way of taking beats, but learning to take a downswing, learn from it, and progressing, can be daunting when a significant portion of your roll is on the table. But then again, it sounds like you know what you are up against.

[/ QUOTE ]

their
Old 05-26-2005, 01:35 PM

i really think its near impossible for a (very) skilled player with an underfunded bankroll to go broke these days if hes good enough to 8table 2/4.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really think its near impossible for a (very) skilled player with an underfunded bankroll to go broke these days if hes good enough to 8table 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed
Old 05-26-2005, 02:46 PM

Get that resume polished up and spend at least 30 hours a week looking for a new, straight job. If there's time left after that, and everything else that's going on, then maybe you can play some cards on the side. It surely doesn't seem that you're ready to go pro and I think even getting into the *mentality* that you've become a professional poker player could be deterimental.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get a J-O-B to support yourself for the time being.

[/ QUOTE ]

What timeless advice. I sure do appreciate such an astute assessment from a neophite like yourself.

Are there other three-letter words you can spell? Care to demonstrate?

'Leaching' is actually spelled 'Leeching'. Just thought you'd like the know that just so you don't get too full of yourself.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be n-e-o-p-h->>Y<<-t-e not neoph(I)te. Hope you don't necesarily need to take a comprehension test for your next J-O-B. But are we talking car sales when you say 'automotive retail'??? If so, you'll be fine. I used to handle risk management for auto dealerships across Wyoming/South Dakota and car guys were a dime a dozen. If you're any good and can sell, you'll land yourself one real quick. I hooked a buddy up with a Ford dealership and he went from 2GR a month retailing for hot tubs, to the finance guy pulling 6 figures in just over a year.

You'd also like to know other three letter words I can spell??? How about M-A-N. As in what a grown, mature adult male becomes when they aren't sponging off their girlfriends after a divorce. Get yourself a paycheck outside of your "field" to fund your game if you have to.

At least you aren't paying child support, are you? Mine ran $1200/mos plus whatever they wanted to do or get while we were together. ("Mom said you'd buy us volleyball shoes!) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And I tossed her the house, 401k, savings and investments to boot. All I took were my car, laptop and clothes and started all over again.

It's like I haven't been there Goblin. I have. Pick up the slack and do what needs to be done. And don't get so full of yourself by attempting to correct someone else until you can spell "neophYte". Maybe you should have stuck with 'beginner' instead of neophyte???... Nice bluff [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]