Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Patented TWP over-aggro donkitude?

[ QUOTE ]
Looks way overplayed to me.

I call the flop raise, and check/call to showdown.

I think anybody that advocate folding at any point in this hand is being very weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

i fold the river. at that point we're behind any ten, any Q, any 7. all we're ahead of is low PP, a 2, and unimproved. i dont expect to see any of that after a flop cap.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have top pair three way. This is a good hand, but vulnerable. Pot is small, so anyone with 5 outs is making a mistake by calling a flop bet. Therefore, a flop bet will protect my hand. Therefore, I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I do not consider a pair of tens with a 3 kicker a good hand. You can spin it..."top pair, 3-handed" sounds good...but it's still not a good hand.

Second, SMALL POT. Are you really going to the mat to win 3.5SB?

Third, going back to my original post, let your supposed maniac start it off...check, MP checks, Button bets, Hero raises. Maybe then you take the pot down right there.

So, just my opinion, but in this case top pair doesn't justify playing this hard. Yeah, he was playing an ace-high flush (which, incidentally, you're a one-point dog to, according to the Stove), but he would've played A7 or 72o (the worst hand in the deck) the same way. You got lucky, that doesn't make it right.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:32 PM

So you are saying that you check/fold the flop? Or bet/fold? Or check/raise? What would be your line against two unknowns, and what would be your line against two unknowns but you know BN to be 'bad'?
Old 05-25-2005, 02:33 PM

Call the flop raise and look to pitch it on the turn with no improvement to the inevitable bet. Pots too small to invest anymore on this marginal hand.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:39 PM

Huh? First run I gave them random hands, which is what you're giving them. Second run I didn't give any PPs, just ace-rag (not pairing the board), king-rag suited, KT/Q9, hands like that; nothing good enough to raise PF, but good enough to stay in if you're loose (the kinds of hands you always see at PP 1/2). The third run was just for example of hands that would've been played the way Villan played on the flop.

In none of my runs did I give Villan AA-TT, except, I suppose, the random hands. (Against AA-TT you're a 4.5:1 dog.)
Old 05-25-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In none of my runs did I give Villan AA-TT, except, I suppose, the random hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Give them random CRAPPY hands and let's see my equity. Exclude AA-JJ/AK-AJ.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:43 PM

If I'm believing my read that BN is "bad", and I think that MP might think so too and so is hanging around for that reason, I would check the flop, hoping to raise a bet from BN and drive out MP. If MP bets, I probably dump this, especially if BN raises. If either player 3-bets my C/R I get out. If they're both still hanging around on the turn I check/fold.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give them random CRAPPY hands and let's see my equity. Exclude AA-JJ/AK-AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so now your equity is 57% instead of 55%. You still need both of them to stay, and you've changed your read from one of them being unknown and one of them being "just bad" to both of them being so bad they will ONLY play bad cards.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Give them random CRAPPY hands and let's see my equity. Exclude AA-JJ/AK-AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so now your equity is 57% instead of 55%. You still need both of them to stay, and you've changed your read from one of them being unknown and one of them being "just bad" to both of them being so bad they will ONLY play bad cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? If I am ahead, I don't 'need' anyone to stay in. I have the majority of the equity. Every bet that goes in the pot, I make money. And I'm not saying they ONLY play bad cards. I'm saying that they RAISE PREFLOP with AA-JJ/AK-AJ.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:01 PM

Wow, in this small pot, I'll probably call the raise and check/fold UI on the turn. On the other hand if you think that you have a solid read...

Nak

Edit: Hmm, I am leaning more toward calling down now after reading some of the other discussion. The pot is small, but it is short-handed.