Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Online poker is rigged

[ QUOTE ]
Justin,

We see posts like yours regularly. In fact, they seem to pop up about once a month.

Three things are common with any "online is rigged" post. The first is the poster's insistence that he/she is a good player. Only a small percentage of people have the skill, patience, and dedication to strict bankroll requirements which allow them to be long term winners. YOU ARE NOT A WINNING POKER PLAYER. The second thing is that people who write these posts never use paragraphs. Finally, every one of these posts uses an example of some bad beat that's not even really that bad... This somehow should "wow" us and make all of us who win thousands of dollars from online poker (not to mention with tracking programs which allow us to see that online shuffling is perfectly random) all of the sudden believe that it is rigged.

You're young, immature, and slightly retarded. Please refrain from posting any future thoughts in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a good response that I believe it should be the default response to every online poker is rigged post.

I think a good ol' Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back style go to their house and kick their @ss would be nice as well
Old 05-25-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Online poker is rigged:Why He Is Correct

Justin,

I have come to the conclusion that you are correct. I am proof that it is rigged. I am a purposely awful player and I am currently 3BB/100 positive at 1/2 over the last 25K hands. I figured out that if I play opposite to all the books and articles the sites would allow me to suck out on the better players.

So I urge you to go back to online poker but play opposite of all logic. You to can be a winner.

Also if you do go back to online play please pm me your site name so that we can beat the sites together.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:28 AM

I think he may be onto something:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds.

River: (8.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 16.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has 7c 7s (four of a kind, sevens).
Hero has Tc Th (full house, tens full of sevens).
Outcome: MP wins 16.70 BB. </font>

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he may be onto something:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds.

River: (8.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 16.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has 7c 7s (four of a kind, sevens).
Hero has Tc Th (full house, tens full of sevens).
Outcome: MP wins 16.70 BB. </font>

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG THEY SET YOU UP....AHHHHHHH
Old 05-25-2005, 04:36 AM

two days I had almost the same hand, but I came out with quad 5 (I had raised my pair preflop to mix up things, then slowplayed the trips) and I was up against Aces full. To make matters even better, my opponent must have thought that I have the nut flush and it was on Crypto (unlimited heads up raising).

Unfortunately I had not watched my chips and couldn't even completely cap the river. The Full House later admitted that "you could have won a fortune here".
Old 05-25-2005, 05:21 AM

the funny thing is, this could pass for a joke. i mean, you don't have to exaggerate anything to mock these people, they may as well be satirizing themselves.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had Q9 and called a small preflop raise in order to try to outdraw my opponent and trap him for all his chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I called a small raise with a dominated hand to try to outflop and trap my opponent,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I know there are people who say "you're just not a great player"

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should listen to these people?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're young, immature, and slightly retarded. Please refrain from posting any future thoughts in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahaha
Old 05-25-2005, 09:19 AM

Fold Q9o to a raise preflop.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am convinced that the cards are rigged against the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see the irony in this statement? It's not like you're playing against the house.