Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 04:30 PM

Default How to play this AA hand?

I jumped online to play about an hour when I had some time at work today. I just wonder how you vets would play this hand.

I only played 31 hands but even in this short of time I could see that the villian in this hand was very very loose, playing most hands and playing just about any two cards.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Since the villian played just about anything, with the flop I was worried about a straight or even a set. What would you do?
Old 05-24-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: How to play this AA hand?

lead turn, call down mode if he raises again.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:41 PM

Time to take the pedal off the gas and call it down.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...playing most hands and playing just about any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see him get into any other wars, i.e. is his flop aggression "normal"? If not, I'd check/call the turn and check/call the river.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...playing most hands and playing just about any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see him get into any other wars, i.e. is his flop aggression "normal"? If not, I'd check/call the turn and check/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he did get into other wars and I saw him win a a pot with a straight with rags in his hand. He also went to showdown a lot, lost, and mucked.

I went backed and checked his PT stats for that session and he was VP$P 61.29, PFR 16.13, and Flop Aggression was 1.17.

I debated whether to bet and call if raised or go into a check/call mode. I ended up going into the check/call mode.

Later, if anybody is interested, I'll let you know what he had.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:08 PM

The only hands that would have a made hand here are hands sane players would play (except unsuited connectors). Not to say this player is good or anything, but...

It is going to cost you 2 BB to win 10 BB. I doubt an unknown is bluffing or semi-bluffing this agressively 20% of the time, so I check/fold this turn.

[edit: If you have a read on him that says he actually does do this with crap, then check/call this down to a showdown. In that instance, you are good enough to profit.]

-K