Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 11:36 AM

Default kk vs tough player canterbury 30/60

This one is kinda boring but I've been discussing it and not fully agreeing.

I've been raising quite a bit(but not lightly), and not showing down all that many winners...so my image is pretty loose/aggro, but I've played with the villain quite a bit and he respects my play. He's on the loose/aggressive side of very solid and he 3 bet me last orbit when I opened in the hj and he was on the button with A9o.

I open K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in mp, he 3 bets on the button, all folds, I 4 bet, he 5 bets I call.

flop 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

What's the best line from here on out?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: kk vs tough player canterbury 30/60

Check call flop, donk bet non-diamond turn. Check/call diamond turn and then make a decision on the river (leaning towards bet but check/call or check/fold are both very close IMO).

This opponent is capable of raising a 4th diamond with a say black TT or black QQ with about the right bluff frequency so that is why I would recommend passivity if that hits.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:48 AM

i would be losing a bunch of bets here if he has a set or aces ... i'd imagine he has a pair or AK AQ AJs here, maybe KQs getting a bit tipsy but no very solid player i know loose or otherwise plays KQs like that for 5 bets hu preflop vs. a 4bettor.

so from here i'd assume he has 88-QQ and checkraise the flop bet/3bet the turn and bet the river.

if a diamond turns then bet fold to the raise or bet and if he calls check fold the river.

-Barron
Old 05-24-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check call flop, donk bet non-diamond turn. Check/call diamond turn and then make a decision on the river (leaning towards bet but check/call or check/fold are both very close IMO).

This opponent is capable of raising a 4th diamond with a say black TT or black QQ with about the right bluff frequency so that is why I would recommend passivity if that hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dontt hink a c'c on the flop is a good line...you dont earn enough from an agro who will bet 88-QQ when you check, same as he would any hand he 5bets with.

AKdd and AA are the only hands that beat you here and i tend to go ahead andcheck raise (but as you know i checkraise sotake from it what you will) and call a 3 bet and THEN gay bet/3bet a non diamond blank turn.

i think this earns more than just check calling...im not all that interested in saving bets when behind here...

-Barron
Old 05-24-2005, 11:54 AM

Check raise, bet-call (as long as it's a non diamond..if it's a diamond bet-fold to a raise).

Jeff
Old 05-24-2005, 11:56 AM

I know the opponent in question very well, he doesn't five bet preflop with KQs or AQs or AKo and probably not even AKs unless he has an extra special reason to. I would expect tens at the WORST from him with a strong leaning towards JJ-AA [in fact, I would say AA or KK are his two most likely hands here given what he thinks of BK... I don't think he's 5 betting to make postflop "easier"]. Yes, he knows his image enough so he will 5 bet his strongest hands too almost always. Also, he's definitely not a moron and is aware of what BK thinks of him.

I think putting in so so so much action against him is going to result in you losing a lot more than winning.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the opponent in question very well, he doesn't five bet preflop with KQs or AQs or AKo and probably not even AKs unless he has an extra special reason to. I would expect tens at the WORST from him with a strong leaning towards JJ-AA [in fact, I would say AA or KK are his two most likely hands here given what he thinks of BK... I don't think he's 5 betting to make postflop "easier"]. Yes, he knows his image enough so he will 5 bet his strongest hands too almost always. Also, he's definitely not a moron and is aware of what BK thinks of him.

I think putting in so so so much action against him is going to result in you losing a lot more than winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats fair...i took him to be looser.

i like your line of passivity...get to a showdown but what do you do when raised on a 2c turn? just call it down even though according to your read he's 6:1 to have aces?

-Barron
Old 05-24-2005, 12:05 PM

bet flop. if raised then lead the turn again if raggy. if/when raised on turn or river slow down. i think he's five betting less often with AA than with other hands.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:29 PM

This player loves to think about poker, try to get better, ask questions about how he played this hand or that hand, and still thinks a majority of poker is all about "moves." He was telling me about this game it was 6 or 7 handed right? Anyway in a full game, He prolly has 10-10 jj or qq twice as much as he has aa. I would lead and 3 bet and 5 bet the flop. Then I would bet the turn when the 2 of spades comes. Then I would checkraise the river when the 2 of diamonds comes. I think if he makes a flush theres a 50% chance its of the 3rd nut or lower variety, which he is certainly capable of folding.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:37 PM

JW....what is a "gay bet"? (I hate to sound like a noob/fish)