Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: What Are Chances Of Loss Of RakeBack At Empire?

I think you're looking to far into this. Where is the problem? You're worrying about something you can't control.

At the level you're currently at, rakeback isn't going to be that big of a deal. Either A)keep playing at Stars and hope rakeback is still available when you get to the level where you'll make a decent profit from it. Or B) Switch to Empire now and enjoy it for as long as you can.

MOO!
Old 05-24-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: What Are Chances Of Loss Of RakeBack At Empire?

[ QUOTE ]
At the level you're currently at, rakeback isn't going to be that big of a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm a proponent of "every bit counts," I agree with Moo on this.

Also, you should expect to have to clear a bonus before rakeback kicks in.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: IGM Rep statement

[ QUOTE ]
party only has 3 skins: empire, eurobet, and intertops. check rakebackreview.com and the classified page at this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about multi poker
Old 05-24-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: 1,000% chance, oy vey

[ QUOTE ]
All party has to do is offer some sort of rakeback amnesty on Party and let people move back their with the agreement of 20%-25% rakeback from Party direct

[/ QUOTE ]

This will never happen in the manner in which you describe.

1 Why would Party want the fish who don't have a clue to know? And then give 20% of their revenue back to them!

2 The affiliates would be up in arms.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:17 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Elder

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm currently trying out multi-tabling for the first time ever (4-tabling Omaha Hi/Lo $0.25/$0.50 at PokerStars) and I'm up 108 BB's after 4 days, which is pretty nice, but too early to tell statistically, plus I'm at the lower limits.

I'm hoping to go semi-pro after I'm married this October,

[/ QUOTE ]

I say why wait, with results like this you should quit your job now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh heh, no way man. Semi-pro for me. Keep the day job, wait until I have 6 months living expenses saved up, plus no credit card payments and 50-100K hand samples showing I'm winning at the limits I want to eventually play (3/6 and 5/10)
Old 05-24-2005, 01:20 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: MrMoo

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're looking to far into this. Where is the problem? You're worrying about something you can't control.

At the level you're currently at, rakeback isn't going to be that big of a deal. Either A)keep playing at Stars and hope rakeback is still available when you get to the level where you'll make a decent profit from it. Or B) Switch to Empire now and enjoy it for as long as you can.

MOO!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking to play 3/6 and 5/10 eventually, but I'll need a bankroll of 1500-2000 to start that.

Right now, with the wedding coming up, and Jenn having just started working (first paycheck this week) I don't have anywhere near that kind of disposable income.

I'm only going semi-pro to start, but hope to eventually have 6 months living expenses and 50-100K hand samples showing I'm playing winning poker, before I'd consider going full-time.

I'm looking to play the 3/6 and 5/10 games, but might jump over to Empire once I build my bankroll to $450 or so. Then I could get the deposit bonus and play 2/4 multi-tabling, start sooner than this fall. Snag poker tracker and player view, etc.

Right now I'm paying my dues, grinding it out at the lower limits and getting used to it all. Still developing my strategies and reading. Hoping to snag Ray Zees book as well.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: KilgoreTrout

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At the level you're currently at, rakeback isn't going to be that big of a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm a proponent of "every bit counts," I agree with Moo on this.

Also, you should expect to have to clear a bonus before rakeback kicks in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the bonus is deducted from your Monthly Gross Revenue, so you still gain rakeback regardless, just that the amount is lessened.

If your bonus is $100 and you generated $300 of rake for the month, then they deduct 100 bucks from that gross rake of the month (i.e. you only get rakeback on $200 instead of $300, but it's still more profitable than not using both rakeback and bonus together)

Anyway, I'm not worried about the limits I'm playing now. I'm just worried about the future when I switch to 2/4, 3/6 and 5/10 and move to Empire. Was really looking forward to the rakeback deal and wanted to see what was going on with the rumors of rakeback dying.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to play the 3/6 and 5/10 games, but might jump over to Empire once I build my bankroll to $450 or so. Then I could get the deposit bonus and play 2/4 multi-tabling, start sooner than this fall. Snag poker tracker and player view, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're gonna need more than $450 to play 2/4, bro.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:56 PM

$450 isnt enough for 1/2 much less 2/4...

I think you might want to look into a quick bankroll builder.

Maybe check out a bonus whore site or something.

-SFWUSC
Old 05-24-2005, 02:42 PM

He is playing Omaha 8, not Hold 'em. Those kind of numbers are ok for a split game. Gnu is a good player. He'll do fine.

Ironman Dave