Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Party Poker Freeze

Was anyone else on Party Poker between 6.45 and 7.00pm ET last night when it froze and did you lose any money? Will PP refund as this seems to have been a system fault.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Party Poker Freeze

I was on 2 of the skins and all my $$$ is intact. I would have to assume that party funds would be intact as well. This happens from time to time and generally all $ for the hand including blinds is returned to the players as though it is a misdeal.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:25 AM

I was playing, and ironically, was just about to be paid out on my biggest winning hand of the evening.

I feared the worst and started taking detailed notes of the players/stack sizes at the table, as well as the hand number to use in my flame-mail to Party.

Fortunately, after it unfroze itself 10 or so minutes later, I had been paid correctly.

Still, it's a bit worrying that their software is starting to creak a bit.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:39 AM

i wouldnt be too concerned. the server problems, while annoying, are probably because of an influx of new players. party will fix the software. be happy that there are more fish to feed the sharks.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:59 AM

I have received a reply. They deny there was a technical problem and suggest it was my connection, but have refunded $2:-
" I understand your concern, but would like to inform you that we had no problem of disconnection or any kind of technical difficulty at our end on the tables mentioned by you (table number 41462 and 41379).

A shame they couldn't admit or don't know about the problem but I'm happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 10:41 AM

Re to reply by Partyto Adjuster. That is the biggest piece of bunk I've ever heard. Not only did I freeze at that time two-tabling, but it froze my computer. I couldn't even reboot. I had to unplug. When I came back on everything was fine. I wasn't in a hand on either table.

It is nice that they fix the situations monetarily, but they are in denial if they say it didn't happen.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:00 PM

I called tech support while it was going on to see how long the fix would take and they were fully aware of the problem. It was weird to see waiting lists with over 30 people and 5-6 players sitting out at most tables.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:38 PM

Interesting. I just assumed that it was my own computer with crappy RAM when all 3 of my open tables "disconnected" and was attempting to reconnect. Maybe it's not just me after all.