Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: How did you build your bankroll in the beginning?

Don't quit your job. A lot of guys here play as a side income on top of their day-jobs. I would reccomend doing this until you feel comfortable enough with how well you're beating a certain limit to make the jump to fulltime.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It can't be done live because you do not play enough hands per hour live. Also, you can definitely make a living playing small stakes online. There are people who make $3,000 + a month playing 1/2 and 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH, i see what you mean. I tried multi tabling on party poker a couple times, but it's really hard for me on 2 tables. I usually find myself having a hard time keeping track of what kind of players are at the table, for example I tend to not be able to track which kind of players i'm in a pot with ( tight/aggressive, tight/passive, loose/p, loose/a ) because the screen constantly keeps clicking over to the other table. How do people manage multiple tables? Any tips?

Also, it seems that Omaha Hi/Lo split games in live cardrooms are very very easily beatable, and I have been very profitable for me lately. Does anyone find this true as well?
Old 05-24-2005, 03:59 AM

I suggest you check out PokerTracker and Playerview. These are tools that serious multitablers use to keep track of other players.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How come it can't be done playing live? I don't know why, but I really like to play poker in an actual cardroom. The feel of those plastic cards, the real poker chips and the atmosphere just is like no other. And, I don't know if it is just me, but whenever I try to play online 2-4 or 3-6 hold'em, it just seems like there are only about 2-3 players per pot and usually it is raised before the flop too. At the cardrooms here in southern california, it is not uncommon to see 5-6 players limping into pots. So in a sense, its much easier for me to control the table at a cardroom then it is on a site like party poker where most of the games it seems are either tight/passive or loose/aggressive. I don't like either types of games and prefer the live loose/passive type games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, of course it's more of an entertaining experience to play live, that's why there's more live ones. But if you're playing for profit, you have to do the math.

The advantage of playing online is that you play more hands per hour, roughly twice as many. You can also play multiple tables.

So let's say you make $10 per hour (35ish hands) live at 3/6. If you play online, 3 tables at a time, you're playing 6 times as many hands per hour. Which means you only need to make $1.66 per 35 hands to make as much as you do live.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
because the screen constantly keeps clicking over to the other table. How do people manage multiple tables? Any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a monitor with 1600x1200 resolution, if you can't stand tables overlapping.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:26 AM

I bet. Your ass crack I assume?
Old 05-24-2005, 04:32 AM

i'm sorry i don't even understand your joke.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:36 AM

Thats cool, daddy. I didn't crack the joke for your benefit.

Liam
Old 05-24-2005, 04:51 AM

I started less than 3 months ago with 50 $ deposit and have played every stakes from 0.05/0.1 $ on. Now I am playing 4 tables 2/4 $ and my bankroll is currently 1900 $.

I have made around 350-450 $ from bonuses. 700-800 $ of winnings is from cash games and 500-600 $ from tournaments.

You can make living in 2/4 $ or 3/6 $ online if you can play well(BB/100>2) 4-6 tables at least 25-30 hours a week. I do not think you can make living in live small stakes games.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:45 AM

Being a winning player at B&M 2/4 is not as easy as one would think. It's DEFINITELY possible because of the weak players, but the rake+tip really adds up. It is insane. Check out this thread from the B&M forum.