Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Esfandiari\'s laydown - HU Q final round

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of top players think they can read everything, like it was done on Tilt. This was an incredibly dumb laydown IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, when he folded his straight vs. Forrest,(who had the same straight, THAT was an incredibly dumb laydown)

[/ QUOTE ]

laydown w/ trips was bad (not incredibly bad, just bad), cuz it coulda easily been a slipt pot w/ ace and king out there.

laydown w/ str8 is not bad at all considering forrest's overbet. forrest just made an icredible play.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Esfandiari\'s laydown - HU Q final round

I thought it was incredibly bad. IIRC the reraise by Fischman wasn't a huge % of his stack. In other words, he could make that call, lose the hand and still not be on life support.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:55 AM

Default This was a horrible play AND...

Not only was this a bad laydown, but in lieu of the bet on the river by Esfandiari, it becomes more of a horrible play.

Assuming that the guy puts his opponent on a range of hands during the flop bet by Fischman and the check call by him on the turn, what is his thinking?

"He might have an ace, that's why he bet the flop, checked the turn. So I'll bet the river. I can only bet if I get paid off. If I think I'm beat I can maybe check call."

So then he bets, and completely disregards whatever his thinking would have been. Either that, or he just wasn't thinking. Either way it was horrible. Why bet there if, for any reason, you're going to lay down to a raise.