Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 12:44 AM

Default I\'m leaving for vegas on tuesday

Hey guys,

I'm gonna be in and around vegas through memorial day weekend. We are basically vegas rookies so what are the definate must-do's in vegas.. both poker and non-poker related. We are on the strip, is it worth going downtown at all?

Thanks for any help,
-Ftball
Old 05-23-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: I\'m leaving for vegas on tuesday

screw downtown unless you have more than 3 days. Too much to do elsewhere. Search around a little and you'll find some good stuff in this forum, but my personal list of quick things to hit:

fountains of bellagio at night, spearimint rhino strip club (I've never been but hear great things), super drunken 1-3 hold'em at Excalibur, solid tourneys and NL side games at Aladdin, hot women everywhere at Mandalay (many of whom are "working"), big time poker stars playing next to WPT wannabes at bellagio, and so on.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:59 AM

thanks for the reply.... I know about the holy trinity of buffets (paris, bellagio, aladin) Any other food places we should hit... are shows a waste of money? What 2+2er's are in vegas?

I'm starting to get really excited,
-Ftball
Old 05-23-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the reply.... I know about the holy trinity of buffets (paris, bellagio, aladin) Any other food places we should hit... are shows a waste of money?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was just there, had a great meal at Mon Ami Gabi in Paris. And most entrees are around $25, not bad for the cuisine. Tip the maitre d' to get a table outside.

I always try to see a show when I am there, but I like live theatre, etc. Do you like to see shows? If so, by all means go see something. Mystere is very good, and people love "O" though I have to admit I have not seen O yet (loved Mystere).

If you like magic, Lance Burton puts on a good show, and Mac King at Harrah's in the afternoon cannot be beat. You should be able to get coupons for 2 for one entry, making it $20 for two to see the show.

Go to a strip club. Olympic Gardens always seems to work for me, but Spearmint Rhino, Cheetahs, and Crazy Horse Too seem to get high marks often.