Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: 7 card stud

I think this structure is unbeatable in the long run, that said you should have had a few winning sessions over 4 months. Try posting specific hands here where you were unsure about if you played it right and also try and find a game with a better structure.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:22 PM

I dont know about this statement. If everyone is very loose, I would think you would want to wait until you have a strong holding so that it can hold up against multiple players. When everyone is playing tight you can be looser and push people around a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is true also, but he said the antes were eating him up and if the opponents are very loose you can afford to loosen up a bit because on average your hands will be uch better than theirs. im not saying play like they do, but when theres a lot of callers you are getting better odds on some of your speculative hands like 3 strts flushes or even slightly worse. with such a high ante you probably need to play some hands that dont seem very good. as for playing loose when there are a lot of tight players i guess it would depend on if they were tight weak or tight aggressive and how uch the ante was. likke everything in poker so much "just depends" Augie
Old 05-22-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Ask MRBAA

[ QUOTE ]
1-3 with a .50 ante is pretty rough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think MRBAA crushes this game at foxwoods. Maybe he'll chime in.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:16 AM

Thank you all for your advice. It has been helpful. I play about 25% of my hands so I must loosen up some as mostly all see the bring in.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

im not saying play like they do, but when theres a lot of callers you are getting better odds on some of your speculative hands like 3 strts flushes or even slightly worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, his original post leaves his play speculative at best, however I dont think loosening up would include playing 3 flushes....he should be playing these as part of his tight game already! Drawing hands go way up in value with more passive limpers which I am sure this game is full of. What he should be loosening up to is almost any pair with a reasonable kicker if he can just limp in. when he does connect on 4th for trips or two, he will probably get 3-4 hangers opn to make the pot huge...