Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Strange Limp-RR play

$1/2 NL, 10 Handed, B&M. The game in general is loose/aggressive preflop, tight/aggro postflop. There a pf raise 3 out of 5 times, and its usually to $8-14. The CO in this hand is a good player, I've played alot of limit with him, but this is the first time playing NL with him. He occassionally overplays hands pf (raised $16 UTG with AJo and then called a $50 allin a few orbits back), but is pretty solid postflop. He will limp with a wide variety of hands, some of them for joke value and will occasionally make "plays" at pots. Hero has $70, CO has him covered.

UTG limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, CO limps, Button limps, SB completes. Hero is in BB with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero raises to $16 total. UTG, MP1, MP2 fold. CO bets all-in. Button, SB fold. Hero???

Results to follow.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Strange Limp-RR play

Easy, easy, easy call. I beat him into the pot. He thinks you are making a play at the pot, so he is making a play at you.

You might be racing sometimes, but you are going to have him smoked a lot of the time too.

Also, fwiw, I don't like the size of your raise at all. You now have $55 left, and if you get one caller, the pot will be $48, and you don't have position. Make the preflop raise bigger to make the flop an easy all-in or just check and hope for a ten on the flop.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Strange Limp-RR play

You're probably right about the size of the raise. It definitely should've been bigger or I should've just checked.

Since nobody else really finds this interesting, the results were I called after some thought, putting him on a small pair or overs and we were racing, and he turned over KK. I'm not trying to be results oriented with this post, but I was wondering if most people tend to see KK limped late after 3 players, praying someone late raises, or if its normally a weaker hand.