Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2003, 05:06 AM

Default Re: why do you play poker

Poker is fun, but so are a lot of other things. I think it was Lorinda that made an excellent post about a night away from poker and how terrible it was, but in the last week I have really enjoyed getting back to some of my other hobbies.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My post wasn't adressed to people that want play for fun. I was talking about all those addicts out there trying to make a living from online-poker. No other hobbies. Unable to spend a night away from poker. No other friends than at a pokerforum. Dreaming a dream that can't come true. (except your dream is to live in front of a PC without a real life) Reading some of the answers to my post shows that i hit the nail on it's head. Why would people attack me like that if they think i was wrong. They just deny the facts and are lying to theirself. And that's how most of them play poker too.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:37 AM

And my post wasn't addressed to you, but as you seem to have addressed me I shall add my comments... If people want to play poker all the time and sit infront of a computer all day, how exactly is that affecting you?

It's a typical example of this - you say they are stupid for not having any other hobbies, but you are even more stupid for spending your time moaning about it.

And I am now wasting my time replying to you - I'm off to pursue my hobbies. Flame away, I wont bother to read any reply [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Simon
Old 04-25-2003, 10:42 AM

And my post wasn't addressed to you, but as you seem to have addressed me I shall add my comments... If people want to play poker all the time and sit infront of a computer all day, how exactly is that affecting you?

It's a typical example of this - you say they are stupid for not having any other hobbies, but you are even more stupid for spending your time moaning about it.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's not affecting me. And i'm not moaning about it. Why do people try to help alcoholics ? or homeless? or drug-addicts? I'm here to help. Lot's of people here don't know what they are doing and need that somebody opens their eyes. They need help!! Some even need professional help!! That's even more clear to me after reading some of the replys. Don't you worry ....i'll stay and try to give you a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:14 AM

People attack you because your questions/comments are hostile in nature. Perhaps if you phrased your questions better people wouldn't be equally hostile in their responses.

-- Homer