Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Another fish story, Be careful what you wish for

Party NL $200,

Hero in SB with even shorter stack now, $106
Villian 1 is MP with $130, %VIP mid thirties, and is a chatter, but I don't have a lot of hands for him, only this session.
Villian 2 is CO with $198, and is one of these tighta$$ multitabling rocks I hate.

Hero catches 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

V1 and V2 limp, I figure V2, the tightwad, has something going on to actually put $ in the pot.

Hero completes and BB checks.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]....

OK, game on..!

Hero checks, BB checks, V1 checks, V2 bets $9.

So far , looks pretty standard, I figure tight ole V2 has a K working.

Hero gets a wild hair and raises to $20.. I am actually trying to intimidate ole tightwad and steal the pot right here, with the flush draw as a back up. Plus, this is a good disguise for my real intentions if a spade drops.

Question 1: Is this a good plan, not so good plan, or sheer idiots play.

Well, V1 calls the raise, V2 calls as well, and BB turbo folds.

Pot is $63

OK, why is V1 still here, and ole tightwad stayed with us too.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], oh joy, oh joy,

Normally againt the suspected K, I would try a stop and go. But against 2 players, I surely did not want another spade falling.

Hero pots it with $63 bet....

V1 pushes his stack in... V2 folds....

Hero only has $22 left, save it, or push it in too...?????

Hero calls, (for quality assurance purposes only, I knew I was deader than a door nail.)

V1 shows...... A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Question 2: If you are going to play for a baby flush, what do you do if you get one, but have an opponent who has played very much like he was on a draw too?

When, and on what grounds, do you toss aside a made flush?

How should this have been properly played? Especially from the turn on..??

Question 3: How many hands to learn to play poker..??
Old 05-21-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Another fish story, Be careful what you wish for

This is an easy fold on the flop. You're getting bad odds and drawing to the non nut flush, plus you're out of position. Overplaying draws is something that I've had to work on too, but trust me, you're better off mucking and saving your chips for another day.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Another fish story, Be careful what you wish for

Ok, let's pretend hero has 56[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here. For the purposes of this hand, it's essentially the same thing, so arguing about PF is meaningless. I like the flop check/raise against a tighty, though I would make it more like $25. This is so that later when you catch a set against him, you are more likely to stack off. Plus he might fold now. The other guy calling is drawing, but that Q:spades: makes almost all draws, so you really can't do much but get it all in here. Flush over flush sucks, oh well. Next hand.