Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you listen to music when you play online?
Yes 56 74.67%
No 19 25.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: *Official* Star Wars III thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I dont see why it's lame. It makes perfect sense. In A New Hope the Jedi are scattered, there's no Jedi Temple, there's barely even any Jedi.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you missed his point

it's the manner of their dispatch that sucked

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the TV series will be, in part, about Vader hunting down the jedi which survived Order 66.

This jedi...

...was implied to have been kiled in Revenge of the Sith but we don't actually see her die. She's supposed to be a part of the TV series.

There will be endless speculation about Mace Windu who's corpse was never seen. In Sci-fi, you can survive anything and heroes have a habit of making soft landings on conveniently placed haystacks.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I dont see why it's lame. It makes perfect sense. In A New Hope the Jedi are scattered, there's no Jedi Temple, there's barely even any Jedi.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you missed his point

it's the manner of their dispatch that sucked

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the TV series will be, in part, about Vader hunting down the jedi which survived Order 66.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a interesting point. After order 66 in carried out, Obi Wan and Yoda still go to the temple to change the message that was being broadcast to the Jedi. This could imply that infact many more Jedi did survive.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:12 PM

If Mace did survive, will Vader and him square-off later in the series? That would be sweet. Apparently some did survive. That would explain how he was said to have helped hunt down the Jedi and killed them. Young padiwans don't count!
Old 05-21-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A good start would have been him accompaning or following Windu from the beginning and besting those two jedi masters who were killed to easily in the movie. Palpatine and Anakin then team up against Windu, then Darth Vader in sent out to kill the other Jedi each time becoming more evil. Finally he faces off with Obi Wan. Although I would have preferred that instead of defeating Vaded/Anakin Obi Wan instead simply escaped to fight another day. There is a good amount of evidence that Anakin even by episode 2 was better with a light saber than most Jedi, including Obi Wan. This would have also allowed Vader to enter the Vader suit earlier in the movie. Perhaps after the battle with Mace Windu.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main problem is that it was simply too difficult to tell this story effectively in one movie. The whole concept of time seems distorted in this film much more than the other 5. Padme looks normal at the beginning and then is 9 months pregant at the end but it seems like this is all happening within 3 days. I always thought the annhilation of jedi knights was a process that took years upon years of Palpatine and Vader probing the galaxy, clearly that was not the case, it seemed to all happen in an instant.
Also, the ending had to stay intact with Lucas' ideas of how Vader became deformed and burned. It had been written about a while ago that Anakin was burned in some kind of lava pit after being defeated by Obi-Wan.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A good start would have been him accompaning or following Windu from the beginning and besting those two jedi masters who were killed to easily in the movie. Palpatine and Anakin then team up against Windu, then Darth Vader in sent out to kill the other Jedi each time becoming more evil. Finally he faces off with Obi Wan. Although I would have preferred that instead of defeating Vaded/Anakin Obi Wan instead simply escaped to fight another day. There is a good amount of evidence that Anakin even by episode 2 was better with a light saber than most Jedi, including Obi Wan. This would have also allowed Vader to enter the Vader suit earlier in the movie. Perhaps after the battle with Mace Windu.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main problem is that it was simply too difficult to tell this story effectively in one movie. The whole concept of time seems distorted in this film much more than the other 5. Padme looks normal at the beginning and then is 9 months pregant at the end but it seems like this is all happening within 3 days. I always thought the annhilation of jedi knights was a process that took years upon years of Palpatine and Vader probing the galaxy, clearly that was not the case, it seemed to all happen in an instant.
Also, the ending had to stay intact with Lucas' ideas of how Vader became deformed and burned. It had been written about a while ago that Anakin was burned in some kind of lava pit after being defeated by Obi-Wan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the whole padame pregnancy thing bothered me as well,because as you mentioned the rest of the movie seemed to happen over a very short period of time, which each event directly connected to the preceding one.

I didn't know the Obi Wan - Vader outcome had already been discussed thanks. I still think it could have been done earlier, with perhaps the actual saber fight being a draw but Vader someone being consumed by fire by a random occurence. I did not like how A) Vader was defeated by Obi Wan especially after he took care of Dukoo with what seemed to be little effort and B) how Obi Wan did not feel the need to finish Vader off. A simple he appears to have been consumed by the lava but is actually survives ala Joker in the beginning of Batman 1 would have been better IMO.

My main complaint is the same one I have with all the episodes 1-3 which the super villians like Darth Maul, Grevious and Vader are not given enough time to show how truly powerful they are. I would have preferred in each case them having a few scences where they easily kill off some 2nd teir good guys making the final confrontation with the Jedi more significant.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:23 PM

TV series? Please elaborate.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:39 PM

I've been under the illusion that many Jedi survived and went into exile like Yoda. Thekey to my thinking of that is of the rebel alliance's continuously saying "may the force be with you" and their belief in the force. SO I don't think that only Yoda and Obi-Wan survived Vader's hunting of the scattered Jedi
Old 05-21-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hat being said, I had been waiting to see this for a while and enjoyed it about as much as Attack of the Clones. In all honesty, there should have been two movies to cover the time between Attack of the Clones and A New Hope but that would be a bit awkward I suppose. Just seems like they squeezed too much into this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree - they could have did Clones as #1 with a little backstory of how Anakin came into the Jedi Order.

Stretch out act 1 & 2 of Sith for a #2 with Anakin changing over at the very end. The Jedi Purge and OB-1/Anakin battle at the beginning of A new #3, and then more development with the whole Qui-Gonn thing and Yoda going to Dagabough and OB going to Tatooine. 2 hours each and you have it - and we would never, ever have to be exposed to Jar Jar.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the qui gon thing?? im kinda lost as to how he played a role in the later ones or did i just totally miss something? (besides him communicatin with obi won which i never saw
Old 05-21-2005, 05:45 PM

he did scream NO when Anikan killed the sand people in Tatooine. The point is that Luke was Obi-Wan's redepmtion project as he was maybe not ready to train a jedi and that Qui-Gon would've been possibly able to prevent what happened
Old 05-21-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hat being said, I had been waiting to see this for a while and enjoyed it about as much as Attack of the Clones. In all honesty, there should have been two movies to cover the time between Attack of the Clones and A New Hope but that would be a bit awkward I suppose. Just seems like they squeezed too much into this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree - they could have did Clones as #1 with a little backstory of how Anakin came into the Jedi Order.

Stretch out act 1 & 2 of Sith for a #2 with Anakin changing over at the very end. The Jedi Purge and OB-1/Anakin battle at the beginning of A new #3, and then more development with the whole Qui-Gonn thing and Yoda going to Dagabough and OB going to Tatooine. 2 hours each and you have it - and we would never, ever have to be exposed to Jar Jar.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the qui gon thing?? im kinda lost as to how he played a role in the later ones or did i just totally miss something? (besides him communicatin with obi won which i never saw

[/ QUOTE ]

Obi-Wan learned how to not die from Qui-Gon. Which is why he was able to "become more powerful than you know" when Darth Vader "killed" him. Living now in the force itself Obi-Wan was better able to guide Luke to becoming a Jedi Knight.