Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you listen to music when you play online?
Yes 56 74.67%
No 19 25.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: *Official* Star Wars III thread

[ QUOTE ]
yah i didnt realize that windu was that powerful with a saber, someone else corrected me about this as well.

i never saw episodes 4,5,6, so some of this stuff is new to me . i also dont know who the guy is that you were talking about that got slayed too fast, but i do agree that palpatine killed them way too fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should check out the Clone Wars DVD. Makes lots of characters in this movie look a lot better. Its animated by the guy who did samurai jack
Old 05-21-2005, 02:54 AM

I think it's a pretty much implied that Sidious created Anakin. Remember that Anakin had no father, and the grin that Sidious had when he tells Anakin that he has the power to control life I think implied that.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a pretty much implied that Sidious created Anakin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is "implied" at all. The whole "manipulating life" thing to me seemed like just a ploy to get Anakin to turn. Padme DOES die after all. This is the final motivation for Anakin to go completely bad.

My other general thoughts of the movie are that it was about on par with Attack of the Clones, which I thought was pretty good. Phantom Menace was bad, that little kid was just too annoying.
My main gripes with the movie include...(*SPOILERS)
1) The General Grevious character is a little over the top for me. He all of a sudden whips out 4 lightsabers in the middle of the movie and we discover he's been trained in the force? I didn't even think droids(at least I think that's what he is) could use the force.
2) I had always thought that in A New Hope and other Star Wars lore when we here about "Vader hunting down and destroying the Jedi Knights", that this would be a slow systematic process. In the movie it is soooo lame. A quick order from Palpatine and the pathetic stormtroopers just waste battle hardened jedi knights? I didn't like it.
3) From what I hear, the book elaborates on the Palpatine confronting the Jedi scene a lot more. It's too quick in the movie. Also, I would have liked a bit of a slower transformation from Anakin. In the hangar, he actually wants to go with Mace Windu and help to arrest or kill Palpatine. Minutes later, he's a Sith? Ek.

That being said, I had been waiting to see this for a while and enjoyed it about as much as Attack of the Clones. In all honesty, there should have been two movies to cover the time between Attack of the Clones and A New Hope but that would be a bit awkward I suppose. Just seems like they squeezed too much into this one.

-Andy
Old 05-21-2005, 03:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)

[ QUOTE ]
hat being said, I had been waiting to see this for a while and enjoyed it about as much as Attack of the Clones. In all honesty, there should have been two movies to cover the time between Attack of the Clones and A New Hope but that would be a bit awkward I suppose. Just seems like they squeezed too much into this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree - they could have did Clones as #1 with a little backstory of how Anakin came into the Jedi Order.

Stretch out act 1 & 2 of Sith for a #2 with Anakin changing over at the very end. The Jedi Purge and OB-1/Anakin battle at the beginning of A new #3, and then more development with the whole Qui-Gonn thing and Yoda going to Dagabough and OB going to Tatooine. 2 hours each and you have it - and we would never, ever have to be exposed to Jar Jar.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hat being said, I had been waiting to see this for a while and enjoyed it about as much as Attack of the Clones. In all honesty, there should have been two movies to cover the time between Attack of the Clones and A New Hope but that would be a bit awkward I suppose. Just seems like they squeezed too much into this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree - they could have did Clones as #1 with a little backstory of how Anakin came into the Jedi Order.

Stretch out act 1 & 2 of Sith for a #2 with Anakin changing over at the very end. The Jedi Purge and OB-1/Anakin battle at the beginning of A new #3, and then more development with the whole Qui-Gonn thing and Yoda going to Dagabough and OB going to Tatooine. 2 hours each and you have it - and we would never, ever have to be exposed to Jar Jar.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have been cool. The clonewars cartoon series covers a good deal of ground. You should check them out if you haven't. I downloaded using limewire.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:23 PM

It's not certain that Sidious created Anakin, but I think it makes sense.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this movie. It's easily one of my favorite Star Wars movie. The final hour of this was incredible.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) I had always thought that in A New Hope and other Star Wars lore when we here about "Vader hunting down and destroying the Jedi Knights", that this would be a slow systematic process. In the movie it is soooo lame. A quick order from Palpatine and the pathetic stormtroopers just waste battle hardened jedi knights? I didn't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see why it's lame. It makes perfect sense. In A New Hope the Jedi are scattered, there's no Jedi Temple, there's barely even any Jedi.

[ QUOTE ]
3) From what I hear, the book elaborates on the Palpatine confronting the Jedi scene a lot more. It's too quick in the movie. Also, I would have liked a bit of a slower transformation from Anakin. In the hangar, he actually wants to go with Mace Windu and help to arrest or kill Palpatine. Minutes later, he's a Sith? Ek.

[/ QUOTE ]

The transition was pretty quick. But he didnt go to kill Palpatine, he was there to save him obviously. After killing Windu there's really no going back I wouldnt think.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:28 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

I dont see why it's lame. It makes perfect sense. In A New Hope the Jedi are scattered, there's no Jedi Temple, there's barely even any Jedi.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you missed his point

it's the manner of their dispatch that sucked
Old 05-21-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

it's the manner of their dispatch that sucked

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how the ONE FEMALE JEDI is also the only one to not even get a defense block off. Plus she is only surrounded by two clones. She gets shot once and thats it. She sucked.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is "implied" at all. The whole "manipulating life" thing to me seemed like just a ploy to get Anakin to turn. Padme DOES die after all. This is the final motivation for Anakin to go completely bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is almost certain that Anakin was created by manipulating the darkside of the force, as in episode his mother says there was no father. If it was indeed Palpatine that would explain his taking such a strong interest in him right from the beginning. I also thought at one point Anakin (before turning) says that Palpatine has been like a father to him. That could be Lucas sowing the early seeds.

[ QUOTE ]

1) The General Grevious character is a little over the top for me. He all of a sudden whips out 4 lightsabers in the middle of the movie and we discover he's been trained in the force? I didn't even think droids(at least I think that's what he is) could use the force.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem wasn't General Grievious but the fact that he was made to look like a pussy through out the movie. In the Clone Wars cartoons he is a complete jedi killing bad ass. A simple solution would have been to make the last episode of the series the first part of the movie where Grevious captures Palpatine taking on 3 Jedi at the same time. Thus allowing the movie only audience to become familar with Grievious.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree, Vader was much cooler and seemed more powerful when I believed he actually went out and killed Jedi after Jedi without anyone being able to stop him. Killing a bunch of knee biters hardly qualifies. A good start would have been him accompaning or following Windu from the beginning and besting those two jedi masters who were killed to easily in the movie. Palpatine and Anakin then team up against Windu, then Darth Vader in sent out to kill the other Jedi each time becoming more evil. Finally he faces off with Obi Wan. Although I would have preferred that instead of defeating Vaded/Anakin Obi Wan instead simply escaped to fight another day. There is a good amount of evidence that Anakin even by episode 2 was better with a light saber than most Jedi, including Obi Wan. This would have also allowed Vader to enter the Vader suit earlier in the movie. Perhaps after the battle with Mace Windu.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the intention was for Mace Windu telling Anakin that he did not trust him to be the final straw.

[ QUOTE ]

-Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy