Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 02:09 PM

Default OMG, I can see it coming

Televised Poker tournaments have become the rage. Everybodys watching, many are playing.

Now, A live table is being broadcast on the Internet from California.

How far of a step is it to have online (OR a live version of online) poker televised?

Try to picture this. 6 people in seperate booths. Just for entertainment sake, the players are Daniel N, Phil H, Doyle B, Annie D, Chris (Jesus) F, and Scotty N.

In each booth, there is a camera and a computer. The computer is there for each of the players to play a tournament on against each other. Now, you as the viewer, can not only see the players cards on the computer but you also get to hear the players discuss their hands and the decisions that they make. No more wondering what is going through their minds at the time, now they will actually have the chance to discuss the situation when it arises.

You can even forget the computers and put a TV monitor in each booth with a live table in the middle of the room. The live table has cameras under each seat showing the cards. The dealer simply places the cards in the seats so that the players can view them. Also, in each seat is a small "bet" window. When it is their turn to act, the players will use a keypad in their booth to click fold or call, or to type in a bet amount. The window on the table will show the amount of the bet but you, as a viewer, will still get to hear the players thoughts on how and why they are playing a particular hand.

Listen to the pros as they play a tournament against one another. Reality TV applied to poker.

Hotchile
Old 05-21-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: OMG, I can see it coming

.....yup.

That about sums it up!

How long do you think it will take someone to figure it out and make it happen?
Old 05-22-2005, 01:49 AM

the only problem with this, of course, is that these players might not want everyone and their mother to know their thought processes behind certain decisions, and how and why they play certain hands in certain ways, etc. this would pretty much bare it all, hand by hand, which may go a little far for a lot of the top pros i think (imagine seidel going along with this... heh).
Old 05-22-2005, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only problem with this, of course, is that these players might not want everyone and their mother to know their thought processes behind certain decisions, and how and why they play certain hands in certain ways, etc. this would pretty much bare it all, hand by hand, which may go a little far for a lot of the top pros i think (imagine seidel going along with this... heh).

[/ QUOTE ]

.....I believe that you are correct in your statement above, except, one has to wonder as to when the status of that level of TV exposure will overcome the fear of exposing one's 'secrets'?