Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 08:48 PM

Default I actually like Sklansky!

Not sure if this comes off in my posts, but I actually like David. I think he is a sharp guy and I recommend his books to people all the time. He also makes me laugh on a regular basis, he can be pretty funny.

As for playing him heads up, I don't really care if I play him at all. When I made the open challenge I honestly never thought of players like David. I assumed I'd get action from Barry, Chan, Ivey, and several others, but I never thought David would want to play.

Then when I read, or 'misread' his counter offer depending how you want to look at it, I was a little surprised.

To me it came off like David was sorta, kinda, trying to make it look like he was accepting the challenge, but in fact the game that he came up with had little to do with the open challenge I made.

So I decided to call him out on that to see if he was for real. I would have preferred it if David simply said, "No, I'm not interested" rather than quasi except the challenge. It felt a little bit like he was trying to squirm his way out of it.

Anyway, that's all over with now. As I said I really do like David and think he has done a great deal of good in the poker world.

As for Mason, well I have no positive vibes about him and never have. He has the warmth of a snow pea and I don't ever see us "getting along" as we have absolutely nothing in common. He's a strange dude and it's a little creepy being around him if you want to know the truth.

As for my heads up matches they are still a go. Barry Greenstein, Joe Cassidy, Eli Elezra, Mimi Tran, Johnny Chan, Lyle Berman, and Sammy Farha have all expressed legitimate interest in playing so I'll continue to update the progress of those matches.

Oh, and duh, of course that's good for the room! I don't in any way feel like there is anything wrong with me playing these matches at the Wynn to create a buzz. As I said in a previous post it's fun for me, good for the game, a good learning experience, and finally the matches do create significant buzz.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: I actually like Sklansky!

Nice gimmick account [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

nice post Daniel.

I like him too,but your right about Mason...shacking up with Granny Mae will turn a man...
Old 05-20-2005, 08:58 PM

im with u Daniel
Old 05-20-2005, 08:59 PM

What games would you be playing Eli Elezra, Joe Cassidy, etc. in?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:14 PM

Eli- Mixed Games (HOSET)
Joe- Limit Hold'em
Mimi- Limit Hold'em
Farha- Pot Limit Omaha
Chan- No Limit Hold'em
Old 05-20-2005, 09:16 PM

Daniel,

How long do you think you will continue doing these heads-up challenges for? Is this just a summer-time deal trying to fit around your schedule, or will this be something you continue on throughout the year(s)?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:23 PM

You dizzy cnt.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel,

How long do you think you will continue doing these heads-up challenges for? Is this just a summer-time deal trying to fit around your schedule, or will this be something you continue on throughout the year(s)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I plan on doing them forever, but obviously it depends heavily on how I do!