Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2003, 01:36 PM

Default Is this a Turn mistake?

Im playing up a level from normal and I only have reads on two players in the game (calling stations) however neither are involved in this hand. Most of the other players at the table seem at least average players who know a little about what they are doing.

3 players fold to me. I open limp with (8s,8c). Only the cutoff calls, SB completes and BB checks.

Flop is: 6d,5h,7h

SB checks, BB bets, I raise, everyone else folds, BB calls.

Turn is: 6d,5h,7h,(Jh)

BB checks, I check.

I guess I was afraid of a checkraise here and thought if I checked it back I could induce a river bluff.

River is: 6d,5h,7h,Jh,(6s)

BB bets, I call.

This kind of seems straightforeward to me but wondered if anybody objected to the turn check and giving a free card?

Results to follow in next post.

Ryan_21
Old 04-21-2003, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Is this a Turn mistake?

BB turns over 7s,8h for 2 pair 7s and 6s.

I win it with 8's and 6's.

I dont know this player, but I figure he would've atleast called a turn bet with middle pair and a open ender, so maybe I missed a big bet. But still, thinking that way may be a little results oriented.

Also, lets say I do bet the turn and get checkraise and bet into on the river, would anybody think about folding if most of the low limit opponents on this site are passive and not to tricky?

I think I would have thought about it and maybe thats why I checked, so I didnt get into trouble at the river but still at the same time I didnt like giving the free card either.

Ryan_21
Old 04-21-2003, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Is this a Turn mistake?

"I open limp with (8s,8c). "

You should raise if you think that might win the blinds or limit you to 1 or 2 opponents.

On the Turn, you should bet, you can probably fold to a turn check/raise can't you? Hands too vulnerable to give free cards.