Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: *Official* Party Super Thursday

To make me feel a little better I won the empire tourny and 4414 dollas. Great!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:02 AM

Default And the winnner is ME

Ok, I missed out on this thread last night, but I was fortunate enough to win it last night (dh1977.) Anyone else make it to the final table or watch it? Dogofnyc was a genius. Feel free to flame away at my play, or like the railbirds did, comment on what a luckbox I was because I pushed A9s into his JJ and spiked an ace to basically lock it up when we were HU.

Anyhow, I'd like to thank all the great posters on the MTT forum, they are too numerous to list, but certainly reading this forum has improved my play a lot, and contributed to my win.

Thanks again!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: And the winnner is ME

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I missed out on this thread last night, but I was fortunate enough to win it last night (dh1977.) Anyone else make it to the final table or watch it? Dogofnyc was a genius. Feel free to flame away at my play, or like the railbirds did, comment on what a luckbox I was because I pushed A9s into his JJ and spiked an ace to basically lock it up when we were HU.

Anyhow, I'd like to thank all the great posters on the MTT forum, they are too numerous to list, but certainly reading this forum has improved my play a lot, and contributed to my win.

Thanks again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why was dogofnyc a genuis? He was the one responsible for all of the stalling WHILE WE WERE HAND FOR HAND. I can't stand people that do that. Makes no sense.

Anyway, congrats on the win. Must feel great.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: And the winnner is ME

I was being sarcastic about dogofnyc (though I didn't realize he was a staller too, BAD DOG!) his play at the final table was attrocious, yet I think he somehow milked a stack of like 2.5BBs when we started all the way to 5th place. On numerous occasions with 5x the BB or less he would limp in from ep with AQ, Ajo, etc... Very timid, very lucky, I had this sick feeling/hope that we would wind up HU. Instead I busted him when I raised with 87s he flat called me for about 1/3 - 1/4 of his stack, flop came 974, I pushed, he thought forever ultimately calling his remaining 67K with AQo.

And Thanks, it does feel great to win one of these after coming up short so many times...