Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: A Special One Time Offer!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also I will LAY those same odds against any of the posters on this thread who criticized me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, dude is manning up. Someone please take him up on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now that DS has come in here and double dog dared his critics, do we get to accuse them of being sackless if they don't man up and accept his challenge?

This is all just silly.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Dog:

I am too busy to play for an evening. I'm in the middle of proofreading Harrington on Hold 'em: Volume II and it is tough going. We have agreed to do an in store promotion in Borders with this book that starts June 20. For us to make this date, I have to work non-stop the next week to 10 days, and then there can be no printing glitches.

Just to give you a specific of how busy I've been this year, my total hours at the poker table from 1/1/05 to now is about 90. I remember when I use to play almost everyday.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really, really weak. George Bush could put an evening on his calendar sometime in the distant future to play poker. I mean, we all have jobs...
Old 05-20-2005, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that even if Daniel is putting up all the money he is actually getting laid an indirect price because of the Wynn factor. So it is right for him to play if the game is even or if he is a slight dog. Not so for his challengers. They either have to be a definite favorite or get a moderate spot to have the same type of good bet that Daniel gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's just crush that last string of excuses once and for all: I'll play at YOUR house, YOU can deal, and you don't even have to worry about supplying refreshments! I'll bring my own bottled water and I'll eat before I get there.

Scrounge up $100,000 and we'll play Stud 8 or better... dude, you can even deal the whole match! Daveyboy... you might be biting off a little more than you can chew, no? Oh and again... you got your 10% back.

I'm certainly not bluffing, are you? Thought so...
Old 05-20-2005, 08:06 AM

If you guys square off at at my place I'll be happy to provide refreshments.

Everything goes great with a Ritz!!

I haven't read the whole thread (and all the other ones on this) but I think that DS has already stated that 100k is simply outside his comfort-level.

It is interesting that Daniel has said he'll conduct this thing wherever David likes.
Why can't he agree to do it for lower stakes?

If Mason gave Daniel a couple of handsome 2+2 shirts would Daniel be willing to lower the stakes?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, let's just crush that last string of excuses once and for all: I'll play at YOUR house, YOU can deal, and you don't even have to worry about supplying refreshments! I'll bring my own bottled water and I'll eat before I get there.

Scrounge up $100,000 and we'll play Stud 8 or better... dude, you can even deal the whole match! Daveyboy... you might be biting off a little more than you can chew, no? Oh and again... you got your 10% back.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was like the most magnificent pwnaging ever.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:07 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that even if Daniel is putting up all the money he is actually getting laid an indirect price because of the Wynn factor. So it is right for him to play if the game is even or if he is a slight dog. Not so for his challengers. They either have to be a definite favorite or get a moderate spot to have the same type of good bet that Daniel gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DS would crush you in Stud/8, be careful what you wish for....
Old 05-20-2005, 09:17 AM

Weird post. Almost sounds like Daniel thought I was implying I might get cheated at the Wynn. Of course The Wynn Factor I was speaking about was that bringing business to the Wynn was worth something in itself. Else why make an offer where he himself admits opens him up to matches where he is at least a slight underdog.

Anyway it sounds like he thinks he would easily win more than the required 53% of the time. It also seems he hasn't read what I said I would play. Which among other things is taking a 20% rebate on $50,000. I will play that at the Wynn as long as there is no media.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DS would crush you in Stud/8, be careful what you wish for....

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you so sure?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read the whole thread (and all the other ones on this) but I think that DS has already stated that 100k is simply outside his comfort-level.

It is interesting that Daniel has said he'll conduct this thing wherever David likes.
Why can't he agree to do it for lower stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is getting really stupid. I've read a lot of this stuff, but certainly not all of it in all these threads. Is this series of events close to how all this got started?

Daniel makes his open challenge.
Mason and/or David make an off-handed comment in these forums that he'll be a dog in most matches.
Daniel takes offense and says lets play.
David says cost is too high/wants odds/different game/etc.
Daniel gives odds at David's game (well not hi/lo no qualifier as David would certainly prefer, but stud/8)
David wants better odds at lower stakes ($50K).

Sounds to me like Daniel has already given up a lot more than David has even considered giving up. I'm sure David could get staked up to $100K from 2+2ers alone and play the match if he really wanted to.

Don't misunderstand me. I really like David and credit him first and foremost with my development as a poker player and critical thinker in general. However, the more I watch this, it sounds more and more like his mouth wrote a check he's pretty sure his poker game can't cash.

That's really interesting considering these matches are admittedly pretty much coin flips. Even Daniel has admitted the outcome of one or several matches doesn't necessarily mean one player is "better" than the other. If David loses, so what? Blame the Variance Monster.

This is getting so much like Pro Wrestling it's sickening, especially coming from two intelligent adults. I'd say they were both colluding to get the most bang for their marketing and promotional buck until David said "no media" (even though, if played, this will still get plenty of coverage from the bloggers and other interested parties).

Bottom line, either play the game or knock it off.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:11 AM

I think you are goofy....I'll take the 10:9 now, where at? What time, and can you get there earlier?