Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Putting Someone On Tilt

"The question also applies to B&M games."

I've found that the most effective way to make my opponents tilt is to never tilt.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:10 PM

yeah, work on your game. when you get to the higher limits, which is hopefully going to happen some day, your opponents won't be so easily swayed with deliberate tilt-tactics. so why bother learning it for the smaller games? they can be beat by playing a solid game strategy, which will be needed eventually.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:59 PM

Another good way to Tilt opponents, is to stand up in the middle of an important hand, turn around, bend over, and let one rip right in their face. Typically that does the trick. Of, course, you can't forget to turn around and laugh at them...
Old 05-16-2005, 04:18 PM

yeah i've ripped like that a few times. it works.

another thing that i do is laugh at people. when they make a cute move or do anything questionable i try to make fun of them. right when the hand ends, point your finger at him and go "ahh that guy checked his pocket aces and then got SMOKED on the river. hahahaha..." if they lose the hand and you do this to them they are likely to cry inside. make sure you really hate the victim because this can be particularly painful.

many people will try to get back at you, so set the trap. get in later position and raise his ass alot PF with any 2. know when to get out of the way. he should become easier to read.

over time the victim usually gets very angry and vocal so be careful of your own language i.e. don't f-bomb him just because he did. the floorman will kick him out not you.

generally speaking this can improve your game because the victim will start to lose confidence and will start doubting many more of his decisions.

ok i gotta go...i on my way to a foreclosure and i think i just heard an ambulance.

hugh jassell

p.s. watch your own ass walking to your car
Old 05-20-2005, 12:28 AM

Very bad idea. I don't consider "putting someone on tilt" to be a valid strategy. If an opponent can be "put on tilt" fairly easily, he is probably not a very good player in the first place, so why not just outplay him? Also, it is important to remember that "putting someone on tilt" in a B&M room could escalate into a real problem that could result in an ass-kicking.