Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: AQs...

I think folding > calling down turn and river > calling turn and folding river UI.

I could be wrong... (I need to have this as my signature)
Old 05-19-2005, 06:53 AM

Seems like a fold to me. MP2 likes his hand enough to call a raise and then bet into you. At best you are splitting this pot right now, and most likely you are losing the whole shebang no matter what card you get on the river. I don't see any odds large enough to call this bet. You also have UTG to worry about who called 2 cold on the flop and is still waiting to act.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The raise is to hopefully mow down the field and get it heads up. You definitely want to continue in this hand and there are a lot of hands you'd like to see fold,

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, there aren't many hands at all that

a) I'd like to see fold

and

b) will actually fold.

I suppose somebody could have some kind of weird gutshot, although if I hit an A or a Q that card obviously isn't going to help any of those draws.

I am probably not folding out a 7 or any other pocket pair, and I don't have any particular interest in folding those hands out anyway, since I am beating them if I hit.

Raising this flop seems both donkish and pointless.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:51 AM

Looks to me like people are going overboard with the pot size concept. Yeah, villian "could" have 22, and I "could" hook up with Carmen Electra.
You're drawing dead here - the pot is good size - but not gigantic enough to make 2 crying calls. Anybody who is this loose with their calls any time a pot is raised once PF and on the flop is leaking away a ton of chips. I agree with whoever said you have to be somewhat concerned about UTG as well.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But then there's also UTG still in the hand, and who knows what he has. Call me crazy but I'm almost more worried about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agreement here. A lot of times I notice I get too focused on one other person in a pot and think too hard about his hand while there is someone just playing along nice and quite till he pops the river and you find out he flopped quads.

Then again he could just be a fish who hasn't found the fold button yet.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:13 AM

Facing two players with overcards and b/d flush draw, with this hand I would tend to fold rather than call. Although the board is not as coordinated to make straights and flushes the UTG player has me concerned. What hand would you put him on to just call along after calling PF? When you can narrow that holding down it may an easier choice between call/fold UI or push to win. Am I wrong here?