Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom Changes Blind Level Structure mid tourney

That doesnt change the fact that you advertised a tourney and changed it in the middle which is not right. Keep making excuses for your poor decisions. I dont think the gaming commission will agree with your choice of changing over a featured tourney to your desires mid play.
Also there was a description as to why the blinds were reset on purpose are you saying that he was lying and made an error while detailing why the blinds were reset?
THe blinds were reset on purpose so what are uo saying mr director. Is it on purpose or not on purpose. There was great detail as to why it was reset so to say his reply was an error just looks like another lie.
I bet you think this isnt gonna harm your business. I wonder where alot of players went. I know where they are and its not pokerroom keep lying to your customers.
Judge
Old 05-18-2005, 02:18 PM

Were the blinds reset on purpose? No, a glitch doesn't count as on purpose. If we had changed the blinds on purpose (meaning that it indeed was a planned feature) we would neither apologize nor give free tickets to the players. That would have meant that the tourney went just as we planned, but it didn't. And that is exactly why we have taken the measures (giving free tickets, apologizing, fixing the glitch) that have been explained a few times already.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:06 PM

you entered a tournament with no vigorish, busted out 15th in a field of 25, and are pissed off you're getting $100 refunded to you?

1. the reset may or may not have been intentional
2. the tournament director may or may not be lying to you
3. neither of these matter... you busted out well before the blind change and deserve nothing, take what you got quit being a bitch
Old 05-19-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. the reset may or may not have been intentional
2. the tournament director may or may not be lying to you
3. neither of these matter... you busted out well before the blind change and deserve nothing, take what you got quit being a bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

1. They sent another e-mail to him saying they reset the blinds on purpose to make a more exciting finsih to their 'Grand Omaha' tournament.
2. This guy here is lying...he might not even be from PR
3. If you know the blinds are going to be reset this completely changes ones stradegy. If they dont advertise this reset in blinds it is completely unfair to everyone in the tournament. This is even a disadvantage to some people on the final day. If you are the chip leader and you feel you are outclassed by your other opponents wouldnt you want as much luck as possible involved?>(higher blinds). This is actually exactly what happened. The chip leader going into the last day got outclassed and finished on the bubble because he was outplayed. If the blinds didnt reset he would have had a much better chance of making the money.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, yes, our Support made a mistake and gave you an incorrect e-mail response and for that we are sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

They why did they also mention that the purpose of the blinds being reset was to make a more exciting finish?
Old 05-19-2005, 02:55 AM

Yowzers tough crowed but I will explain why im angry. I am being LIED To. I am upset bc I was sold Tourney A and given Tourney B. I dont even know what to beileve the truth is. However I have pasted a detailed response from pokerroom support where RObert explains in further detail why the blinds were reset. So to believe this was a so called glitch is next to far fetched.
Its all clear I have the emails. I pasted them here and if you would read em you would understand why I would be upset. Pokerroom is having a hard time keeping up with the excuses and lies.
I expect to be refunded. I expect to be told the truth.

Hi,

Thank you for your recent email.

The blind levels during the tournaments are raised to make sure that the tournament does in fact end as some of the players chip stacks are increasing. I can also see that the blind levels did actually reset on the second day of the Omaha Grand Tournament back to $10 and $20.
The description in the tournament information states the blind levels will increase every 30 minutes which they did, there are no details about the opening blinds on day 2. The blind levels were reset as there were less players in the final day of the tournament and a continuation of blind increases from the previous day could have meant a very quick end and a huge anticlimax to a big money tournament.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Robert

Notice he says the blinds were """"RESET"""" And goes into detail as to why they reset the blinds?
Judge
Old 05-19-2005, 05:02 AM

Dude, seriously...all I'm getting out of this thread right now is that it's really nice to see a pokerroom representative active on these boards and handling things in such a professional and calm matter.

Did you even play on day 2 or did you bust out on day 1? You say it would have affected your strategy if you knew (and I'm certain it would have) but the point is no one else knew either...mistakes happen and it sucks, but considering everyone was affected equally and they gave you a $108 ticket as a goodwill gesture I think it's more than fair.

J
Old 05-19-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That doesnt change the fact that you advertised a tourney and changed it in the middle which is not right. Keep making excuses for your poor decisions. I dont think the gaming commission will agree with your choice of changing over a featured tourney to your desires mid play.
Also there was a description as to why the blinds were reset on purpose are you saying that he was lying and made an error while detailing why the blinds were reset?
THe blinds were reset on purpose so what are uo saying mr director. Is it on purpose or not on purpose. There was great detail as to why it was reset so to say his reply was an error just looks like another lie.
I bet you think this isnt gonna harm your business. I wonder where alot of players went. I know where they are and its not pokerroom keep lying to your customers.
Judge

[/ QUOTE ]

If the blinds had been purposely reset on day 2, I strongly suspect that instead of that $108 tourney ticket you got, you would have gotten nothing and been told to [censored] off. Since you got the ticket and not the [censored] off, I'd believe the Pokerroom rep is being truthful about this.

Besides, as I understand it, you didn't make day 2, so you weren't even affected by the bug. I can't see how anyone would gain an unfair advantage from a change that nobody knew about in advance.

Long story short, that $108 ticket is about $109 more than you deserve.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:36 AM

Jeez, you don't know what to believe? Dude, the PokerRoom Tournament Director steps in and says it was a mistake, you get a ticket as compensation for the mistake, this whole board is telling you to STFU... you don't see you're out of line? Sure, the support guy shouldn't have written that (maybe his supervisor told him to, or he made up an explanation himself), but that is one support guy. All sites (all support-departments in all companies) has support reps that are better or worse. So you got a bad one? Big deal.

Basically: You are wrong, thus you get no sympathy from us. PokerRoom has treated you more than fair.

The Quirky Kirko
Old 05-19-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am being LIED To

[/ QUOTE ]

Long version:

No. You got an email from a low-level support person who didn't know or didn't understand the tournament and what happened vs what was supposed to happen. This occurs all the time in any support environment. (I know, from having worked in support for years)

Then once you complained, a higher-level employee, who has a much greater understanding of the situation, comes in and tells you exactly what happened, what should have happened, how they're going to correct it, and explains your compensation. Again, this is normal for a support environment.

Unfortunately, you continue to whine and complain because you think you got shafted (even though all the tournament players had the exact same info, and none of them had a Day 1 edge over you). Don't you think that some of the other players who busted out on Day 1 would have played differently too if they had known about the changes in blinds on Day 2? So there's no way of knowing if you would have made it to Day 2 anyway.

Sadly, your attitude is also normal for a support environment. We see it every day - people who overreact or have unrealistic expectations. You were given a more-than-fair compensation, yet you continue to complain. I hate people like you.

Short version:

STFU you whiny little bitch.