Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Top Professionals playing online...

I was curious, since i've recently heard rumors that Gus Hansen is doing poorly at Stars $100-$200, and Phil Helmuth seems to get cleaned out in the UB cash games, how do you think ther best cash game players in Vegas (I.E. Negreanu, Ivey, Brunson, etc...) Would do playing the bet online heads up players ONLINE heads up. Do you think any of these guys would have a significant edge over someone like Far or Mahatma playing heads up?
Old 05-19-2005, 08:09 AM

Default doesnt matter

if your an amazing live poker player you are honestly going to be an amazing internet poker player and vice or versa. I am referring to the elite of the elite. Mahatma btw won a wsop bracelete.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Top Professionals playing online...

in the SS2 book, Doyle says he doesn't personally play too much online because the limits are too low. considering that he plays $2000/4000 cash games for fun and is gearing up for a possible heads up $100K/200K "big game" showdown, it's not necessarily arrogant for him to say that.

if a known online player wants to challenge a "TV pro" to a virtual ring game, I guess they just have to ask and see.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:29 AM

phil hellmuth and gus hansen got cleaned out because they are fish in live cash games too. its not like one of the true winners of poker dumped all his winnings to the online pros at 100-200.

how could negreanu fair against mahatma in a heads up game? i dont know, he would probably be a big favorite. im only basing this on the fact that daniel should be able to play just as well online as live and that he recently made that insane offer to anyone.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in the SS2 book, Doyle says he doesn't personally play too much online because the limits are too low. considering that he plays $2000/4000 cash games for fun and is gearing up for a possible heads up $100K/200K "big game" showdown, it's not necessarily arrogant for him to say that.

if a known online player wants to challenge a "TV pro" to a virtual ring game, I guess they just have to ask and see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dolye's psychology is perfect for big games, When he goes all in, he wants you to have a signifigant amount of money (to you) on the line.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dolye's psychology is perfect for big games, When he goes all in, he wants you to have a signifigant amount of money (to you) on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've been talking about limit though...
Old 05-19-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We've been talking about limit though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he buys-in really short [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]