Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 04:57 AM

Default TT squeeze play

This hand is from the Muckleshoot $45 buyin/$20 rebuy tournament. The rebuy period has just ended and our table has been particularly wild. I have built my starting stack of 1500 to around 8500, but that is about average for the table, but probably top 20 in the tournament. The table has tightened considerably as usual after the rebuy ends.

Blinds are 100/200/a25. I am in the BB with TT. A fairly reasonable middle position player with t7500 makes it 700 to go. I orignally intend to call the raise and see a flop, but the SB who has t10000 or so calls the raise. I don't really want to play TT against two opponents and make it 2500 to go to try and squeeze out the orignal raiser. The original raiser folds, and the SB thinks about it for a long time and calls. I am pretty sure he was deciding between calling and folding so I put him on AQ-AJ, 99-22.

There is now around 6000 in the pot, the flop comes 873 rainbow, checked to me and I push.

My questions are:

Is 2500 a good sized raise here? I intended to fold to a push. It seems like it may have been too small, I thought about 3000 but then I might as well go all in right. And if I go allin I probably only get called by things that beat me. Was my raise too risky here and should I have just called.

Can I do anything other than push on the flop? The pot has around t6000 and I have t6000 or so left. Given the range I put him on it seems like I have to push on any flop, except maybe one that contains a ten. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: TT squeeze play

I like the raise pre flop. SB has u covered, so I don't like the All In after he checks to you. I'd say bet 1k-2k on flop. If he calls I'd think i'd have him hooked. If he raises, then fold. You have position on him anyway, why push?
-dR