Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: **IMPORTANT** Message from granny via email...

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe a modified version of Vinny's shirt. Add PokerStars (or whatever) to the shirt. I'm thinking they wouldn't mind since the shirt would probably attract attention and TV time.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, great minds think alike.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:00 AM

If we are oversubscribed for Grannystock 2005, cant we use some of the money for expenses? I mean if we have $12,000 in shares including Granny's piece, dont we have the expenses covered right there? Everyone would just have a tit-bit smaller share than 1%. This is all assuming that one of the sites doesnt sackup and back the Zoo.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:01 AM

goldenpalace.com
Old 05-19-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's unfair for us to expect an equal cut of winnings with granny absorbling the costs of room/board.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not unfair for granny to have to pay the room and board. He is getting the opportunity to play in the biggest tourney in the world. He gets all the experiences, memories, excitement, fun etc.

I do not get any of that for my share of the buy in. Therefore I would not be willing to pay any part of his room and board. The piece of the action is for the tourney, not the whole trip.

Hopefully someone can find him a sponser. I very much want a piece of this. However, if the zoo decides to pay for his room and board, I will not be participating.

HC
Old 05-19-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is not unfair for granny to have to pay the room and board. He is getting the opportunity to play in the biggest tourney in the world. He gets all the experiences, memories, excitement, fun etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Realize that granny is going to the WSOP regardless...that's been the plan from day one, the zoo sponsoring of her buy-in is something we came up with on our own.

So it's "unfair" because under the original plan she would have been covering all her expenses (assuming she didn't get in through a sat or something) but be intitled to all her winnings as well. She's willing to share her winnings equally with her backers (which is a very nice move, most staked players take a cut off the top).

Trust me, I know the real person behind the granny image personally, and this person is ABSOULTELY HUMBLED by the outpouring this idea has caused...I can't even put it into words (and neither can he really)...you have no idea what this means to him, he doesn't want to come off looking like an ungrateful prat, because he really apreciates what everyone has said and the money everyone is willing to put up (but at the same time he wants to reach a fair agreement that is beneficial to everyone).

Remember that granny is willing to have his lawyer draw up a contract on his dime as well...

I hope that all makes sense, granny VERY much wants this to happen.

J
Old 05-19-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a large issue here that has not been addressed and that's why i am posting from out of town. i don't want this going too far if it is not practical or comfortable for both myself and all you animals.

the issue is the accommodations......

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can stay at the Sklansky's. Matt can sleeping-bag it in the family room and you can have his room. I know its not the Bellagio, but you'd get to sleep in a bed shaped like a formula 1 race car!

Stu
Old 05-19-2005, 12:34 AM

if the zoo decides to pay for his room and board, I will not be participating.

this is not an issue. i would not accept one dime in expenses from the group. as all know, i was planning on going regardless. thanks to mike this turned into a group effort.

however, i would not take the expense money under any circumstances whatsoever. if it were a standard deal, it would come out of winnings and that just makes this too complicated to proceed.

we will try for a sponsor, and if we can't, then i just get a really cool thread to be proud of.

passwordless- mae OUT
Old 05-19-2005, 12:34 AM

I think we should plan on $12,000 prior to sponsors. The $2000 extra going toward airfare, hotel, meals etc. If a site does pay toward expenses we could get a refund or a zoo/granny mae tshirt. I would certainly be willing to pay a little extra.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 12:35 AM

I am drunk and didn't read any of the post yet but how about if we pick a site, Poker Stars for example and just bombard them with emails? Power of the people.
Just a drunken rambling thought.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:38 AM

Maybe you can stay at the Sklansky's.

stu, you are on to something.

MAYBE 2+2 should sponsor me and i will stay at Mason's like i always do. but this time i wear the logowear to the event instead of in his little dressup fantasy he always makes me play. for some reason when i put on that 2+2 polo, he turns into an animal.

what say ye mason?? want to sponsor granny? you got contacts at some roach motel, no?