Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Am I missing bets extra bets by not raising active streets?

I'm not so concerned about 4th, but should I have re-raised 5th when the other low draws hit bricks? How much heat can a hand like this stand?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter)

Seat 1: ($14.20)
Seat 2: ($30)
Seat 3: ($10)
Seat 4: ($6.05)
Hero: ($27.95)
Seat 6: ($36.85)
Seat 7: ($18.85)
Seat 8: ($11.95)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street (2.5BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls

5th Street (10BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street (20BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River (24BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds

Final Pot - 26.4BB
Old 05-18-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Am I missing bets extra bets by not raising active streets?

hurly,

please please cap the crap out of it on fifth. you have 9 live clubs! everyone else has dead hearts. i'd have to say openended straight flush draws do quite well against 4 opponents =)

nice hand.

respectfully,
temp
Old 05-18-2005, 06:38 PM

You need to be jamming the hell out of fifth, I might even jam sixth. Besides that nice hand.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much heat can a hand like this stand?

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot. Even if you ignore the amazing straight and flush draws at your disposal, you have the only low. They're drawing to make a low, you're drawing to improve a made one. It's a world of difference and one that should be exploited.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:04 PM

Third street fine. On fourth, you call that first bet, but when it's two bets back to me, I'm not crazy about my hand. To be honest, I call, but I'm not convinced that that is right.

Failure to jam on fifth is a crime against humanity. You have a board lock for low. You have a monster draw for high. If you don't three-bet with this hand, what, pray, do you jam with?

If given the chance, jam sixth and probably seventh.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:59 PM

I am going to be the voice of disent, I think you should jam 5th.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to be the voice of disent, I think you should jam 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]everyone is saying jam 5th [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 11:26 PM

Ok, thanks for the responses. I guess I was seeing monsters under the bed and got nervous for no reason.

I was nervous about tying A2 to the pot.