Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Buy in amount

I'm going to play in a 1-2 nl game tommorow and I only have $200 on me right now (thats not my whole bankroll I just don't have access to the rest right now). The game I'm going to play is very fishy. I was talking to a friend of mine, and I told him I was going to buy in once for 200, but he told me to buy in for 100 at first, so I could keep playing if i get a bad beat. What do you all think is the most profitable in a fishy game with only 200 dollars?
Old 05-18-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Buy in amount

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to play in a 1-2 nl game tommorow and I only have $200 on me right now (thats not my whole bankroll I just don't have access to the rest right now). The game I'm going to play is very fishy. I was talking to a friend of mine, and I told him I was going to buy in once for 200, but he told me to buy in for 100 at first, so I could keep playing if i get a bad beat. What do you all think is the most profitable in a fishy game with only 200 dollars?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is the buy-in capped? In general, I agree with your friend. Playing in the game should be very +EV if it is fishy and if you get a bad beat, you don't want to bust out. I might even buy in for 80 since the negative effects of busting out are so large and whether you start with 80 or 100 shouldn't make a huge difference. Either is pretty short stacked for a 1/2 game.