Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: 1st adventure into Commerce 10-20: $10K pot

So what happened?
Old 05-18-2005, 05:35 PM

Although I don't play at these limits, I have to say i think you are either chopping or losing to 56 here. While I could see tough player putting the small stack all in with hands you beat, I cannot see him calling a third bet from "rock" with a hand you beat.

If you have a tight image any "tough" player would have to seriously consider calling a half stack reraise from you. You said you "bluffed away 500." Thats one thing, but it is quite another when you see a rock put in half his stack with major action and one player all in already. Danger Will Robinson is all i can say when the rock throws in three bets on the turn with this much action, and I think a good player would notice this.

The only situation in which I could envision Euro calling his stack is if he thought he had you set over set or something like that. Even then I think that he would have to give pause and examine the board when he doesnt improve on the river.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Savmans analysis

This is the way that I would process the situation as well but we cant assume that that euro thinks as well as you 2+2 ers. A third bet from a rock means nuts or close too it. Thats how we see the bet from his perspective, With that information we can see that a call from the EURO probably means " I think I beat now but its a big pot and he has money behind if i fill up with my set".
Old 05-19-2005, 02:28 PM

Results?
Old 05-19-2005, 02:28 PM

Default BUMP

I'd like some more responses please. If El D, KKF, and/or other thoughtful posters could comment, please do.

Results to come later.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: BUMP

If he had 56 I'd imagine he'd toss it all in on the turn as he figures you to be drawing pretty live, and some river cards could kill his action.

I think your flop/turn play is perfect.

I probably push a diamond river for value and check-call if the board pairs (because I'm not good enough to lay down).
Old 05-19-2005, 02:44 PM

why was a huge draw not a commented upon hand by most posters? i would see this as more likely than a set given the turn action..

did you think all in players "i need a diamond" comment was legitimate? this seems like a very strange thing to say. but i suppose it could help you lower the probability youre against a drawing hand.

if he had a set why didnt he move in on the turn or raise the flop? id need to know my opponents betting pattern but this seems bizarre, im assuming thats what he had though?

im also really confused why everyone is putting him on a gutshot off the flop as the most probably/possible hand, 56. i would honestly have expected him to go all in on the turn, reraise the all in, or put you all in after you put in 2/3 of your stack.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:19 PM

Anybody think Euro player had A5 also?

Anyway, I like how you played it.

I might've just pushed the turn since I don't think I could fold even if the board paired.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:30 PM

He could have A5, and for a while I suspected this, but wouldn't he toss that allin on the turn too? I dunno. It's certainly plausible.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and check-call if the board pairs (because I'm not good enough to lay down)

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make any sense; you are both pretty much pot-committed at the river. If he makes a full house he will almost certainly bet if you check to him, but you're giving him the chance to take a free showdown with weaker hands. I have a hard time believing that he will bet with a wider range of hands than he will call with under these circumstances.