Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Funny River Play

I'm new to this board and thought I'd share a funny hand that goes to show you some of the questionable decisions made at PartyPoker at .50/1

I think I got a bit overagressive on this hand and did make a river suckout, but even if I didn't hold a 10, I still would have one.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

At this point, MP2 folds to 1BB on the river, so he's getting 11-1 and dumps his hand. Button (who used his position to do nothing but call) is down to his last .50 cents and can't cover the 1BB bet, so he only owes .5BB. So Button is getting 10.5-.5 or 21-1 odds on the river (I think that's right...). Now, I have no idea what these guys hold, but if I have any pair or even two high cards, I would have to call here.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Funny River Play

Complete preflop. Check fold the flop if you limped. Probably check call if it's 1 bet to you as you raised preflop. ATo is not a raising hand out of the blinds against 4 limpers, and you'll lose money over the long haul playing it like this postflop.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm new to this board and thought I'd share a funny hand that goes to show you some of the questionable decisions made at PartyPoker at .50/1

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree, your decisions were pretty questionable all-around.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Complete preflop. Check fold the flop if you limped. Probably check call if it's 1 bet to you as you raised preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with not raising PF. However, if he just completed instead of raised PF, he'd be getting at least 7-1 on the flop if he check/called one bet. I'd put his outs at ~5 (assuming nothing better than a pair already), enough for me to see one more here for cheap.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:56 AM

Its hard to know what the other players had. They may have had trash cards after busting out on flush and straight draws.

I think you played this hand well, apart from your PF raise from the SB. The reason I say that is because ATo is an easily dominated hand and you were going to be playing it out of position for the rest of the hand.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:01 AM

After reading the other posts, the reason I think you played well from the flop onwards is because:

You were getting decent odds for your 2 overcards on the flop to bet out, and it complemented the strength you showed by raising PF.

You were again getting good odds for your 2 overcards and inside straight draw on the turn, to justify your betting out again.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You were getting decent odds for your 2 overcards on the flop to bet out, and it complemented the strength you showed by raising PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't auto-bet when you raise pre-flop.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:09 AM

"even if I didn't hold a 10, I still would have one."

Well played. The hand is craptacular though.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't auto-bet when you raise pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

especially into 4 opponents with missed overcards and one backdoor draw. they're not all going to fold, and you don't want to pay 2 to see the turn.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:23 AM

agreed.

You don't have much for draws on the flop, the T is an over card, but may not win if you hit it.

Your position sucks, with AK maybe lead this flop, but I probably check this flop. Not to mention you betting into 4 others.