Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: AQ WTF am I doing?

Grunch:

Tough hand.

PF: Call the 3-bet and see what the flop brings.

Flop: Bet the flop with position. SB might have you on AK. Checking here is a sure indicator that you didn't hit.

Turn: This is confusing. Was MP1 slowplaying a set? Does he figure his AT is good? Did he make two-pair with his A2 or A9? Mabye he has AK? Too many mabyes. I fold here.

River: Call or raise, but I prefer calling here.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:29 PM

Preflop I'm happy with. If MP1 had anything really good, he'd have open-raised (one hopes...a read would be nice here). SB may have 3-bet thinking you were stealing, but with MP1 hanging around, calling is the right thing to do. If MP1 had folded, I might have capped (a read on SB would help here, too).

When it's checked to you on the flop, you need to bet. A raise from SB or MP1, and I'm likely to bail out of this fairly small pot.

If they both call a flop bet and then act like this on the turn, I run like hell. A9 and acey-deucy aren't out of the question, and if either of them has you reverse-dominated you're drawing to 3 outs and don't have the odds.

Once you've taken control of the hand like this, keep betting until somebody shows strength, and then reevaluate.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say 3 bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I think you have more than 33% pot equity here.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:29 PM

I can understand your being confused. Its made me think looking at that board and all the betting and raising going on.

I put SB on something like JJ or TT. Maybe QQ, but less likely as you have one of those. I think he would have played AA, KK, 99 or AK more strongly if he had one of those hands.

The worry to my mind is MP1. He calls PF and on the flop and then wakes up and raises on the turn (into 2 players who have both already showed some strength)! A lot of players like to play Ax and it looks as though he may have A9 or A2, which he was just calling with until an A appeared and gave him 2 pair.

When he raises, you are getting 4 to 1 with TPGK as you point out, but I would start to worry about being reverse dominated by MP1 as stated above.

Call me weak-tight, but I no longer feel comfortable with this hand and I think that I am going to fold to the 2 bet on the turn.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:02 PM

If you haven't seen SB getting tricky with check-raises you should bet the flop. The check could be telling you AQ,AJ,QQ,JJ,TT or some goofy hand you can pressure.

On the turn the range of hands you are behind seems to small to fold. A read on MP1 is crucial to your decision. Without that read I think you are okay to call down.