Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: KK faces early aggression

IMO a pot size bet would have been more appropriate with both a straight and flush draw (not that Button still wouldn't have raised mind you). The raise is actually good news - less, BB gets in for cheap on his draw.

The 3x PF raise sadly probaly didn't communicate anything to Button (we've all see KQo, A4o, etc. getting raised like this early in the tourney).

Your less than 1/2 pot bet probably told Button, "hey, I missed the flop, but I still have two overs dammit".

Button says "Yeah, but I have A9...I'm not waiting for you!" - and put in a raise accordingly.

I would put him all-in assuming your KK is still far ahead.

(He could very well put this raise out there holding a set. If that were the case, he has no interest in seeing the turn either. If so, I'd just have to chalk that up to bad luck. I still push).
Old 05-17-2005, 10:47 AM

I'm totally with you on your line of thinking (very fishy raise amount). However, it was obviously your intention to disguise the strength of your hand (you didn't want to chase them out), so you have to bear in mind that his response is based on you having a weak hand.

What buyin is this anyway?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:12 AM

Who's raise! Mine or my opponents? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The buyin was £50 + £5 ($100 + $9)