Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: JJ early -- aggressive or wait?

I play in the 22s but I call down his raise in you position, I don't really like the idea of a small raise since he might come over the top or even if he calls there is very likely to be an A or K on the flop and the you have a large portion of you stack invested already. And I can't see you getting any other hands than maybe QQ and AKs to fold from the players behind you here anyway. If someone behind you decide to slowplay AA - QQ you are bad shape

I don't really see it as a problem if you get call by one or more players since you can still make trips or top pair. And if someone comes over the top (which is not very likely) you got to see what the first player does before you act. In the end of the day it's not to bad of losing 95 on JJ to a hand that is most likely better than yours. I might have a to passive approach in those situations, any comments are welcome.

Peace and love
Old 05-17-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: JJ early -- aggressive or wait?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone mix it up here early in a 33? Raise to isolate?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter

UTG (t2095)
UTG+1 (t720)
UTG+2 (t675)
Hero (t770)
MP2 (t775)
MP3 (t990)
CO (t155)
Button (t250)
SB (t395)
BB (t1175)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to t95</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, I'd call. In this hand, I'm very concerned about the 3 shortstacked donkeys sitting behind you. If you call and they push, I would not be happy.

I suppose its a push/fold for me then. I'm not sure what I'd do. Is this helping?