Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: whos the best singer?
nowell 11 28.21%
kiedis 21 53.85%
cuomo 7 17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Time to Quit

Second option should be: Cards have no memory, you should not quit as long as you are running good and have a good table image.

Thanks for your votes guys!

David
Old 05-16-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Time to Quit

I vote for the fifth option.

I think you should quit whenever you feel that you are no longer a favorite to win at the table. This is frequently _caused_ by the fact that you are getting tired/frustrated, but sometimes it may be right off the bat if you ever feel like you're outclassed.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:38 PM

I vote for the fifth option.

I think you should quit whenever you feel that you are no longer a favorite to win at the table. This is frequently _caused_ by the fact that you are getting tired/frustrated, but sometimes it may be right off the bat if you ever feel like you're outclassed.

I agree with this, the only problem is I'm not always aware of when this is. Probably 95% of hands play themselves for me, so its only 5% of those hands were my fatigue factor comes into play.

David
Old 05-16-2005, 08:41 PM

I stop playing once I play enough hands for the day. I can't say I particularly enjoy playing anymore.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:10 PM

Yeah, its kind of sad, but since I started playing to support myself it is no longer the fun it used to be. I used to be so excited to come back from work and play on the party 25 NL tables.

However, I find after one day off, and especially after several days off, I cannot wait to play poker again. Once I've played that day though, it begins to become a bit of a grind again.

Moving up in stakes helps a bit, but I can't afford to do that just for the jollies of it.

David
Old 05-16-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably 95% of hands play themselves for me

[/ QUOTE ]

95%? Really? You must either be a much better hand reader than I, or play a pretty ABC game.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:25 PM

When you've played over 500k hands online, you start to recognize patterns Jim.

Also, when you are playing four tables, you tend to avoid a lot of marginal, barely profitable situations.

If people want to criticize me for playing ABC poker that's fine, I've been making a living off of it.

Guess what, I have the ability to adapt, but if I see that 70 to 80% of the time a situation occurs, and the the results are generally the same, then as a multitabler, you may get a certain degree of a formula involved.

If you can play four tables for hours a day having to put a lot of thought into each hand, that's great, I can't.

I'm sorry if I coming off too strong in this, I've just received a few posts in a row like this in response to various things I've said.

I think its a little unfair of people who have never observed me play to judge me based on one or two statements I make.

Anyways, I'll leave it at that, most people have been very nice on this forum, and its been a welcome change to make a post and not have to cull through a bunch of flames to find the answer to your question.

David
Old 05-17-2005, 12:11 AM

Quit when you feel like it!

Working your ass off is n o t life quality
Enjoy your life, donīt sit there like a bum
playing cards all day. That is no life even
if you make 85k a month

If you feel the game is EV- but still would like to play, just change table. And most important of all, spend the money you win on nice things! Buy your girl nice underwear
and take her to Spain and drink Pina Colada, or whatever

To many pokerplayers that make serious money doesīnt spend
it on other things then things related to poker

Pokerplayers are the new rockstars of the 20th century, time we all start living like one!

Enjoy!

Tony