Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Good Books Regarding Economics?

Is there an essay from an economist that argues against this baby sitter story? Specifically, I'm know there are economists that don't think there should be a central bank. I assume these people would argue that the baby sitting story problem is more complex. Initially I think there is a problem of price setting too. A unit of baby sitting cost one coupon. But some couples may be willing to baby sit at a lower rate, say, 3 units for 2 coupons because they have more free time and less money to go out anyway. Then when they do go out they could prefer to take their kids to Moneymaker's house for some poker lessons but they have to pay 3 coupons for one unit (since they are getting lessons from a world champion).
I'm not much of an economist, but I feel like I have a decent understanding of economics. I do think that most problems that are solved by price setting (i.e. changing the cost of borrowing coupons due to seasons and not letting the price float) could usually be solved "better" by the "invisible hand".
Let me know what you think.