Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Antonio the magician is my hero, i wish i can grow up to be like h

Every time I see AE, I think about his poor parents. I can see the look on Dad's face when the kid comes home in a cape telling them he's going to be a magician. Then a few years later he's going to be a professional poker player. I guess they're o.k. with it now, but what his parents have gone through...LOL.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Antonio and Shannon Elizabeth...

I dont know which is funnier..that or that Barker dude from Blink 182 marrying that Playboy model...

I'll never understand that stuff...

You'll never see Brad Pitt with Rosie O'Donnell (even if she wasnt gay)

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Antonio might not be Brad Pitt, but comparing him to Rosie O'Donnell is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That pic is really funny. I'm just imagining Jesus grinding Annie to some 50 Cent or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was probably something like Genuine (maybe even Pony [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])
Old 05-16-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And please keep this to yourselves, but I'm pretty sure Josh Arieh is doing Antonio up the ass. Still waiting for the secret videotape and/or pics to be released.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'll never see Brad Pitt with Rosie O'Donnell (even if she wasnt gay)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because us guys are really into physical appearance. Girls are more attracted to things like personality, fame, money, and power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention physical appearance. Why do we let them vote, anyway?

Antonio is NOT a celebrity. As someone in college, I'd say very, very few people follow big poker pros. And even when many know ten or twenty big names, he is not one of them. I can't believe that any girls would know who he is in a club, let alone identify him by the wave. I'd notice poker pros in everyday situations, but no one who doesn't follow poker vehemontly would have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Give me a break. Poker is all over TV. Antonio is seen often on TV winning large amounts of money playing poker.

You seriously think this is not going to bring him some degree of fame?

Reality check please. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying that perception of fame is probably hard to judge with something like poker, where you're surrounded by poker enthusiasts more often than not. Antonio is far more famous than the average person, but he's no where close to even a mediocre TV persona.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Antonio the magician is my hero, i wish i can grow up to be like him

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Does anybody else think it's funny that Chris "Jesus" Fergusen is going to a nightclub? I just can't picture it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is Chris Fergusen is an excellent ballroom and swing type dancer.

~ Rick
Old 05-16-2005, 03:46 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Antonio the magician is my hero, i wish i can grow up to be like him

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Does anybody else think it's funny that Chris "Jesus" Fergusen is going to a nightclub? I just can't picture it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is Chris Fergusen is an excellent ballroom and swing type dancer.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear he makes a mean baked alaska. I guess there's only one solution here...............DANCE OFF! (unfortunately, my only move is "the running man" and it's pretty spastic. I have GOT to learn to pop n' lock)
Old 05-16-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

thanks antonio for tips on how to go nightclubbing...

"There's a long line of rockstars-in-their-minds at the door, waiting behind the proverbial velvet rope, hoping to get in, hoping that their Scarface Tony Montana (boys) or Paris Hilton (girls) look will get them the green light from Cory and his men at the door. We don't wait of course. We've booked a table with bottle service. So we pass under the jealous gaze of the rope riders and slide inside. Poor rubes, they'll waste their night on the rope line, hoping just to pay the $20 "official" cover, and turtle into the club if they get the chance."

wow I WISH I WAS COOL LIKE ANTONIO AND GET FIRST DIBS TO THE CLUB cuz' I'm A CELEBRITY

[/ QUOTE ]

He isnt skipping the line because he is a celebrity, he is skipping the line because he is paying $400 for a bottle of $25 Vodka. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:07 PM

I always thought he looked like a condescending prick, It's unfortunate that my judgemental ass was right.

I say from this day forward, if by chance I'm in a tournament with Antonio (yeah, not likely) and I happen to bust him out (even less likely) I will do his little chump ass wave as he carries his sorry feminine shirt wearing ass to the rail.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:13 PM

I can't believe that this article was published in this new magazine. It's maybe the most offensive article I've ever seen in my life. My sister actually alerted me to it, she just couldn't believe that something like this was actually in a poker magazine.