Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Prove or Disprove this

[ QUOTE ]
Collusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pay $50 for something that performs a task in an appalingly roundabout way that Instant Messenger can do for free? Where do I sign up? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Where the hell do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

At a site where other peoples' hole cards are dealt face down?? Where the hell do you play?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, it could grab it from the textbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, your own hand? Like I said, maybe I play on unorthodox poker sites, but I'm usually not sent the hole cards of my opponents (not even in the text box).
Old 05-16-2005, 03:15 AM

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REALIZES THAT YOU COULD MAKE MILLIONS WITH THIS PROGRAM AND YOU WOULDN'T SELL IT FOR $50 ON THE INTERNET!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS OR SOMETHING.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:57 AM

Yes, you're the only one that realizes that.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The program is a peer to peer program that allows you to see cards of other people using the software as well as allows them to see yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate cheating as much as the next guy, but sometimes two wrongs do make a right - is cheating the cheater ethical?

I.e. I'm rather tempted to purchase spyatpoker, do some reverse engineering such that the program sends out false holecards for myself onto the peer-to-peer network. However, I will still be able to see the cards of the scumbags using this malware.

Is that bad? Unethical? Just an idea....
Old 05-16-2005, 11:02 AM

As if.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I.e. I'm rather tempted to purchase spyatpoker, do some reverse engineering such that the program sends out false holecards for myself onto the peer-to-peer network. However, I will still be able to see the cards of the scumbags using this malware.

[/ QUOTE ]

*slaps forehead*

Perhaps I'm in the minority of poker enthusiasts in that I'm generally not one to toot my own horn, but please read my other posts in this thread. The "software" probably does not exist at all, and if it does, I guarantee you it does not work for the advertised purpose (what I can tell you it almost certainly does though, is takes your password and sends it to whoever wrote the "software", since when you start it up it would say "Well hello there. Just enter your PartyPoker username and password and you can be on the ROAD TO RICHES!" and then itll say "Unidentified error: could not connect" or some garbage, when in reality it had no problems sending your username and password to the author, who will most likely proceed to drain your account as soon as possible. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

If you read all of what I had to say in this thread and you still want to purchase this big box of nothing, well then, you're a big boy and it's your fifty bucks (plus whatever money you have in your poker site accounts which will be gone shortly after you run the program for the first time). Although I would still suggest that you'd get orders of magnitude more pleasure out of your money by shredding it in the garbage disposal - at least then you'd get some sort of entertainment out of it.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REALIZES THAT YOU COULD MAKE MILLIONS WITH THIS PROGRAM AND YOU WOULDN'T SELL IT FOR $50 ON THE INTERNET!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS OR SOMETHING.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, most of the people who are posting missives in this thread about how it could be plausible realize it too if they thought about it - it's just far, far more pleasant to think that this offer is valid.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:42 PM

Maybe this has been touched upon. But if they could really see the other persons hole cards they would not sell the program.

The reason being is that they could make more money playing poker than they ever will selling this program.

Furthermore if it did actually work the last thing they would want is for the Poker sites to know about it.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have extreme doubts about this program. I have not tried it, nor will I do so. The other posts in this thread have made most of the points I would make, and some that I overlooked.

There is, however, one more point. The website offers other software to improve your game. If you can see everyone's cards, why would you want any strategic advice?

Regards,

Al

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if you could see your opponents hole cards, you would still need to use correct strategy in order to maximize your profits. You would still have to adjust to your opponents various playing styles. You would still need to understand pot, and drawing odds. There would still be marginal situations in which to navigate through, and you would still have to bluff and semi-bluff correctly.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you could see your opponents hole cards, you would still need to use correct strategy in order to maximize your profits. You would still have to adjust to your opponents various playing styles. You would still need to understand pot, and drawing odds. There would still be marginal situations in which to navigate through, and you would still have to bluff and semi-bluff correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. If you always know where you're at, you don't need strategy. You could probably just raise when you are ahead and fold when you are behind, regardless of the pot odds.