Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: ATo UTG

It's fine to play from here PF, but not terrible if you dump it. I personally play it.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ATo is not a universal fold from UTG, but I usually do. In the cases where I don't fold UTG, I'm opening for a raise. I will never openlimp with ATo - in any position.

[/ QUOTE ]

In checking my stats I've won with it while raising and lost with while limping so it looks like it will be raise or fold for me from now on too.

Off topic-- I've lost the most money UTG with TT and 99 through a little bit of bad luck and mostly bad play. Are these hands winners for everyone else UTG? Also I've lost money limping UTG with all pairs below 66 so I think I'm just gonna drop them. OTOH, I've made really good money limping J8s UTG which everyone agreed was a bad play. Go figure.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:55 PM

Location: No stress, no seeds, no stems, no sticks! Some of that real sticky icky

it may be +EV if the hand will be short handed and you won't have to call a reraise, but if its not, I can't possibly see how it would be +EV. Maybe someone can break that down for me.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it may be +EV if the hand will be short handed and you won't have to call a reraise, but if its not, I can't possibly see how it would be +EV. Maybe someone can break that down for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If somebody reraises when you have AJ, don't you feel the same way? If you open-raise with AJo in UTG, you don't think ATo is worth a limp?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:52 AM

Raise or fold preflop, pretty much always fold IMO.

Against a loose aggressive I would probably bet this river and call a raise.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:01 AM

Location: No stress, no seeds, no stems, no sticks! Some of that real sticky icky

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If somebody reraises when you have AJ, don't you feel the same way? If you open-raise with AJo in UTG, you don't think ATo is worth a limp?

[/ QUOTE ]I think there is a huge difference between open-raising and limping.

Anyways, if someone raises, especially from MP, I can't help but start to devalue my hand, even if you had AJo. I dunno, I would be curious to see some arguments for limping here, but I can't think of any. Either open-raise or fold, and I don't like ATo in EP, so I would fold.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:02 AM

Take a look at the Pokerroom EV stats page.

http://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/g...stats/expValue

Plug in ATo, 10 handed, $1/$2 (lowest limit they have stats on).

The EV values are averages for every hand that meets the conditions stated - mixing poor players, average players, and great players all together. Good post-flop play should overcome the slight -EV with this hand.

ATo also holds a slight equity edge over 9 random hands. Its out of position, which knocks out some of the advantage, but again - good postflop play should be able to overcome it.

As others have said, its not horrible to fold this hand - but its certainly not incorrect to play it either - especially at the lower limits where postflop play is weaker.

It wasn't really the preflop play that I was asking about with hand. I assumed everyone played this as either a limp or raise from EP in the micro limits [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I don't really love the postflop play on this hand. It may be a case of being the worst except for all the other options though.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise or fold preflop, pretty much always fold IMO.

Against a loose aggressive I would probably bet this river and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

About an hour after posting in this thread I stopped in at Empire .50/1 to do some cover playing and got ATo in early position 3 times within the first half hour. Open raised with it every time and won every time; chuckling to myself each time. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]