Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Re: A Special One Time Offer!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that even if Daniel is putting up all the money he is actually getting laid an indirect price because of the Wynn factor. So it is right for him to play if the game is even or if he is a slight dog. Not so for his challengers. They either have to be a definite favorite or get a moderate spot to have the same type of good bet that Daniel gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that you have nothing to gain indirectly from beating Danny in this match?
Old 05-15-2005, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel,

Awesome post...

One thing though, it would really help us understand the sudden interest in heads-up challenges if you could somehow describe the nature of your agreement with Steve Wynn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Daniel would like nothing more than to discuss his business relationship with you.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:29 AM

You get to pick the damn game you want to play. You decide, for all intents and purposes, how many times you want to play. This should be a huge +EV situation that, if you're very good at shorthanded play in your specific game, you should pick it up immediately.

That said, if you're not good enough to have a large edge of Negreanu, or even a moderate one in one particular game he shows, then pass it up. How good would you have to be in a game to take this bet? Negreanu should get at least the best 3-4 players from most games, I think it's very +EV for the top 20 or so, unless Negreanu is very good at the particular game you're good at.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:09 AM

you are all focusing on the wrong heads up matches. no offense to daniel (he is an awesome player and i think it is great that he is challenging players to these matches - it will only improve one's skill in poker) but the real action is

HERE.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:01 AM

where were you daniel? i was at the Wynn tonight (saturday) and had 200k i didn't want anymore, too bad so sad!
Old 05-15-2005, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that you have nothing to gain indirectly from beating Danny in this match?

[/ QUOTE ]

Presumably no more than he has to lose if he were to lose...
Old 05-15-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that even if Daniel is putting up all the money he is actually getting laid an indirect price because of the Wynn factor. So it is right for him to play if the game is even or if he is a slight dog. Not so for his challengers. They either have to be a definite favorite or get a moderate spot to have the same type of good bet that Daniel gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is the Wynn Factor and why are you making things up. Just stand up and play. Or stop spewing bad excuses all day long.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Dog:

I am too busy to play for an evening. I'm in the middle of proofreading Harrington on Hold 'em: Volume II and it is tough going. We have agreed to do an in store promotion in Borders with this book that starts June 20. For us to make this date, I have to work non-stop the next week to 10 days, and then there can be no printing glitches.

Just to give you a specific of how busy I've been this year, my total hours at the poker table from 1/1/05 to now is about 90. I remember when I use to play almost everyday.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

But why won't you stake David?

Also, David keeps mentioning that Daniel has extra incentive because the Wynn is somehow playing a part in this. Don't you think if David wins there could be promotional benefits for you and your products? This is espeacially true if you choose to bank off of it. I'm sure things would be made public through forums and things like CardPlayer magazine. You could even have WPT commentators talking about the match when discussing something about Daniel or David while they are on T.V.

On the other hand, if David loses, the consequences are mild to none (aside from losing the money put up).

So if David is truly a favorite AND is getting better odds AND has the extra promotional benefit AND you are willing to bet against Daniel at those odds, why don't you stake him?

I assume you already haven't answered this for a reason. Probably because you wouldn't bet that much against Daniel. Although, why don't you split the bet with other two plus two authors or some of your wealthy gambling friends. Surely they are looking for large bets where they can have the best of it, and you have a juicy one awaiting. I'm sure you know people who bet around or more than 10-20K on sports games or other forms of gambling. Why wouldn't they put down the same kind of money down for this +EV oppurtunity?

Lastly, would you play Daniel post June 20 or whenever your schedual frees up?

Just wondering if these haven't been overlooked.

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:45 PM

Daniel,

When did you realize you were this good? Just curious why you think you are so much better than most players in the world. Not trying to insult. Just wondering what makes you believe this. Is there a reason other than that you think you are? I mean have you been beating the best in the world in live games for years and this is how you came to this conclusion? I mean maybe you are that good. I don't know. Just wondering what this belief stems from.

According to Barry G. there are 5 top players. He doesn't name you as one of them. And says anybody else that steps into our game(the big game) is a sucker and some of which are even drawing dead. So according to him you are not a great player. And Howard Lederer backs him up saying Barry's claims are mostly correct. I know you 2 have had words. But is what he says true or is he just trying to irritate you and he thinks your great?
Old 05-15-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel,

When did you realize you were this good? Just curious why you think you are so much better than most players in the world. Not trying to insult. Just wondering what makes you believe this. Is there a reason other than that you think you are? I mean have you been beating the best in the world in live games for years and this is how you came to this conclusion? I mean maybe you are that good. I don't know. Just wondering what this belief stems from.

According to Barry G. there are 5 top players. He doesn't name you as one of them. And says anybody else that steps into our game(the big game) is a sucker and some of which are even drawing dead. So according to him you are not a great player. And Howard Lederer backs him up saying Barry's claims are mostly correct. I know you 2 have had words. But is what he says true or is he just trying to irritate you and he thinks your great?

[/ QUOTE ]
Stfu and stop trying to instigate sh*t. If I knew you in real life, you would get snuffed in a heartbeat.