Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 10:55 AM

Default 1-2 NL Hand

10 handed 1-2 NL
In early position I am dealt 99 and call. I have 550 in front of me, above average for the table. The player to my immediate left, someone who just sat down with 650, raises to 15 - a pretty standard raise for the table. Small blind calls, I call.

Flop is Ah Jh 9d. Pot is 50.

The SB goes all in for his last 35. I call. The preflop raiser raises to 100. I call sensing trouble, concerned about AA, JJ, and AJ.

The turn is another J, giving me a weak full house. I check, he bets 200. I call. This leaves me with 250 or so, with close to 700 in the pot.

River is a blank. I check. He checks.

Questions
1. Given the nature of the flop, would it have been better to raise the sb and lead into the preflop raiser? How does checkraising all-in sound? I think raising the sb would have better defined my hand vs the preflop raiser. Also would have protected me on this a dangerous flop. I had no idea where I was when the turn hit.

2. Assuming a check-call on the flop, is it better to lead on the turn? What about trying a check-raise all-in on the turn? Given my remaining stack after the check-call, I think a check-raise all-in would have been better. Especially given the post-hand reasoning detailed after the next question.

3. Assuming a check-call on the turn, is the river check correct? On this point, I felt after the hand that I should have bet because of the following:
If he is strong he will bet the river and I will have to call. If he is weak he will check behind me. If he is weak there is a good chance he will still call my bet given the action in the hand.

In the hand, I showed my full house and thankfully won the 700 dollar pot. I assume my opponent had AK.

Comments appreciated.