Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 03:36 AM

Default KK, Right Amount of Action?

Looking at the hand now I don't like my turn raise, this dude cold calls 2 from the BB, then cold calls my bet and this other guys flop raise, then we do the same sequence again where he cold calls 2. Then on the turn when checked to he bets, maybe I should just calldown, not raise?

Also, how is my line, should I have bet/folded on the turn if the flop capper raises me again instead of checking to him and calling down?

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $24 (All-In)</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 19.30 BB [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: KK, Right Amount of Action?

You should really stop playing 4 handed on stars agaist 3 three rock solid players. If you want to play limit put some money in party.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should really stop playing 4 handed on stars agaist 3 three rock solid players. If you want to play limit put some money in party.

[/ QUOTE ]

best advice ever

the party 30 game, while full of much betetr players, still has abpout 70% of the donks as 15/30, and is just as profitable
Old 05-14-2005, 06:05 AM

You don't think you coulda been up against an aggressive TT-QQ? BB being so close to all in, can you think that hard about him? If you could put dude on TT-QQ, is there a different line? Seriously, probably a great laydown, I couldn't do it myself.

I have a question for you, Bruiser, specifically. You're a winner at this level. I'm one step away from that level, but I KNOW I'm not ready for it yet. Please go more in depth into this fold, as I think that this hand is beyond my understanding. Or just call me a retard for not realizing he has AA or a set... How much did you weight the fact that BB is almost all-in? I think I woulda weighed that heavier and ended up calling because of that...
Old 05-14-2005, 02:49 PM

I really dont understand the fold on the turn...at that point there are 20BB in the pot making a call close to correct if you are up against AA or a set. also with the guy being so close to all-in he could easily be doing this with 99-aa, unless you haev notes or a read on him.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:54 PM

Steve Gufre how do you konw these opponents I was up against were good players?
Old 05-14-2005, 03:00 PM

Okay well for the sake of disucssion let's just say BB is not almost all in, to be honest I missed that. Jihnad I'm not a winning player at 30/60, but my thoughts were basically that UTG is cold calling the whole time then suddenly wakes up when checked to and bets, and is confidnet enough when i c/r and obv. have a big pocket pair from previous action to 3 bet.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:11 PM

No but I was watching you play for a bit last night. Donald looks like a fish at first glance but he is real tough heads up and three handed. Glen is also as tough as they come. I wasnt trying to be a dick, I've just seen you playing a ton of poker on stars lately, and you can find much softer limit games at other sites. Those shorthanded 30-60 games are randomly OK, but you really need to pick your spots. I think you play good, and I'm not doubting you can beat the game, I'm just trying to help.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:18 PM

You watched me play and you think I play well? Thanks. I know my game selection kind of sucks, I like playing with Glen cause he is good and I talk to him on AIM too it's fun doing that. Same with daryn, and now 1800Gambler.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:32 PM

I started playing like a donk last night after Donald showed me some bluffs. I always make fun of him even though I really think he is good. Props to Bruiser for piping in with good lines to make fun of Donald. Once Donald made me laugh because i kept typing gay after he put multiple beats on me, then he rivered me and typed "gay" before he raised. But what really sucked about last night was that I lost while being sweated at my table by my woman the beautiful chipimonster!