Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 11:39 AM

Default KK sb HU 30

i have KKs in the sb 5 handed im leaving next round.

regular but too loose bb.

i raise he calls

flop is Qs7x3s

i bet he raises i 3bet he calls.

turn is As. your action?

posted b/c everything seems right (read: i can talk myself into every action) and its gotta be damn close.

-Barron
Old 05-14-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: KK sb HU 30

Bet. If he has a piece of the flop he will call you down. If not he would have folded anyway. I can always hope that he will bluff raise now that the A came.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:09 PM

crap, i misread the post. sorry. I might still check turn though.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:11 PM

This is an easy bet.

You very likely have the best hand and even if you don't you have the nut flush draw.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:15 PM

Crap - i misread the post -- i thought you were acting last. my fault.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:41 PM

I disagree with betting the turn 100%. You said he was loose...aka not putting him on an ace. He probably overplayed the flop with some bad cards. He either has a Q or possibly a flush draw. He either has you beat on the turn with the A coming or he got there with the flush. If you bet and you get raised, he probably not bluffing because the A is a scare card for anyone who is not the raiser...

I think check because...everyone bets their position in this game headsup. If he behind, his hand needs some serious help and he is drawing practically dead because you hold the best hand and best draw. If he checks behind you..aka free card - his hand was too weak to compete or call your bet on the turn anyways. Cause if he has a Q or a 7 he probably going to bet the turn to try and act like he has a flush and or stop you from free drawing for yours.

I talk to much ...
Bottom Line: Check call...lead the river depending on how he bets the turn or checks..and if spade hits ..lead..obviously.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:49 PM

I like betting and checking this, the only thing that would make a difference is how you'd react to a raise if you bet the turn. Of course you'll call it, but will you calldown on the river or not? If the answer to this is easy then it's a bet, but if you really don't know, I think check/calling is a lot better.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:49 PM

OK, i am asuming that the villian is more lag than lp (by what u meant as loose), i think the turn has to be a check here, the villian is likely to see this ace as a fantatic bluffing card and therefore checking, inducing the bluff then raising his ass, yes you heard me rite, more commas, check raise his ass....this seems the perfect time to make this play and against the right opponent....

but the dreaded 3-bet? is he that much of a nutter i fear a cap is not possibly in this situation so calling down would have to be the play unless u spike a king or the board pairs on the river....if the board pairs uve probably counterfieted his 2nd pair he was 3-betting on.....adios
Old 05-14-2005, 02:53 PM

Bet. Bet bet bet. He doesn't have AQ, though A7 and A3 would suck. You're ahead a large percentage of the time, you have outs against any possible hand where you're not ahead, and it gives him a chance to bluff shorthanded. Bet!
Old 05-14-2005, 03:02 PM

Slightly misread the position - it seems the flushdraw might cap here, the AQ would cap here.
I have no idea how the board pairing can counterfeit his second pair? Where did that come from, if he has aces up it's hard to counterfeit with kings...
Anyways I like the bet here, but if he raises the turn it seems to me like a steal - after the aggression you've shown there's no reason for him to raise if he was already planning on showing down Ax, as he might think he's already against a better A. And like I said, the flush draw doesn't seem as likely... So you're essentially afraid of A7 A3 IMHO, but i probably simplified too much.
Anyways I like the bet (to keep his Q/7/3 from twopairing) and calldown.