Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Is it me, or do poker sites maintain an equillibrium for your acco

i'm the gigantic flaming retard for reading this whole thread. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Microlimit at UB. 25,000 hands, half .25/.50 and half .50/1.00. Why does it matter? Why is my first post crap? At least give reasons...

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Questions like these have been asked (and answered) on these boards a gabillionjillion times. Apologies for being a smartass about it, but it gets old when you see the billionth "OMG PARTY IS RIGGZoXXeered!"

2) The information on how many hands at what level are important to understand just why you're asking this. Some games are more swingy than others due to looseness and aggressiveness. For example, if you said you'd played 50k at the Party 5/10 6-max and had won steadily in a win-loss-win-loss patten, I'd call BS. The bigger your sample and the swingier the game, the less likely it is that you ACTUALLY have experienced what you say you have.

3) You give no information as to your "sessions." Are they equal in hands each time? Do you have stop-win or stop-loss limits that you plan your session around?

The fact is that your "experience" as you have described it is highly unlikley, and doesn't fall in line with the experiences of people on these boards who have played online over a large number of hands, means that either you're misinterpreting your data or that you just happen to have had a rare, steady 25k run. Which is to be expected -- it's probably not that rare (I'm too lazy to do the math) and with a board this large, it's to be expected that some people would experience that.

But if you have PT, I'd encourage you to do some graphing of your results to visually see it. I'd expect that your graph will not look the way that you're saying it would.

Basically, your post is stupid because it's vague, provides no hard evidence/data, illustrates little understanding of the nature of poker variance, and addresses an issue that most of us are sick of talking about.

Honestly, it's nothing personal as we all start as noobs at one point. But so far there has been no hard evidence of major sites being rigged, and there's little reason to suspect it either.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"No. You don't."

Yes, I do. That's why I made the topic. Pay attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

KSOT,

please define "independent event" within the context of probabilitiy.

Adam
Old 05-14-2005, 10:04 AM

Default For all those questioning saracastic replies....

... think about it as one's "initiation" into the forums.

We've all gone through it as beginners here - and it has its purposes:

* entertainment

* defines those who can't take criticism/jokes very well (those of whom I can't say I'd get along with very well in the long run).

* as long as the 'victim' has tough skin, it can be a very motivating learning iniative. Along those lines, it highlights the stupidity of certain posts, so the original poster is made to ask, "Do I see why?"

* Did I mention entertainment value?

Poker is a game of matching wits. It is almost inevitable that we 'battle wits' within the scope of posts on here. It's in our nature as poker players.

Adam
Old 05-14-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Is it me, or do poker sites maintain an equillibrium for your account?

Yeah the sites rig it so that you win the next time you play if you lose so that you keep coming back.. DUH!
Old 05-14-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"No. You don't."

Yes, I do. That's why I made the topic. Pay attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you really don't. You only think you do, and you're wrong. You don't understand the variance in poker at all. You will probably reply by saying that you do, but, once again, you'll be wrong, as evidenced by this retarded thread to which I'm contributing for some unknown reason.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Is it me, or do poker sites maintain an equillibrium for your account?

[ QUOTE ]
I know FOR A FACT that no matter how well I play, I'll lose money the next time I sit down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! Finally someone has settled this.

Ok guys we can all go home now....
Old 05-14-2005, 12:48 PM

Sometimes there’s so much lame posting in the world, I feel like I won't be able to flame it all, like I can’t take it, and my heart is just going to cave in
Old 05-14-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes there’s so much lame posting in the world, I feel like I won't be able to flame it all, like I can’t take it, and my heart is just going to cave in

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god I love you.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:43 PM

Sounds like a self-fullfilling prophecy. Or maybe you're just a break-even player.